146 LSAT 3.34 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mugrad06

146 LSAT 3.34 GPA

Postby mugrad06 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm

I know my LSAT score is not very good. I've taken the test 3 times, Dec 06, Feb 07, and Oct 08. I do have a Masters degree in Political Science and have been out of school for two years working full time.

I was just wondering what the chances were for getting into to a law school. I have applied to West Virginia University (I am from WV), Ohio Nothern University, Capital University, University of Dayton, University of The District of Columbia, and Florida Coastal (which is the only school not relatively close to where I live) I am still debating on applying to Appalachian and Cooley but haven't decided yet.

Just figured I would get some input on what others thought.

eandy

Re: 146 LSAT 3.34 GPA

Postby eandy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Honestly, I would wait a few years, study, and take the LSAT again. Going to those schools will not get you the results you want. As in, you are probably making more money now than you would be once you graduated once you count in the student loans.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Check out LSP...you don't have much of a shot at WVU (which might be worth it if you're planning on staying in the state)..none of the other ones look great either....keep studying and try again in a future cycle.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:00 pm

I think the only school on your list you will get into is Dayton. You'll also get into Cooley & Appalachian if you apply. In other words, take a couple more years off and retake.

Eris

Postby Eris » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm

So if one waits two years before retaking the LSAT, will law schools be able to see the scores of the previous three tests, or will they erase? Also when will the two year wait period start? For example, from the last test taken or the first?

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 am

Eris wrote:So if one waits two years before retaking the LSAT, will law schools be able to see the scores of the previous three tests, or will they erase? Also when will the two year wait period start? For example, from the last test taken or the first?

http://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/faqs-and- ... st-repeats

OP, is 146 your highest score? How did you prepare for the test? In your position, I would want to make sure that my LSAT score was not predictive of my ability to perform in law school. If you have any friends currently in law school, get them talking about something they've recently studied. This was very illuminating to me when I was worried if law was something I could even get my head around.

mugrad06

Postby mugrad06 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm

yes 146 was my highest. The first two times I took it weren't the best times (1st one - in germany 3 weeks before for my brothers wedding and 2nd was also studying for my compherensive exams from my masters) What's the saying 3rd times the charm. I had been out of school for a yr, working, no stress, probably the best time for me to take it. I studied with a prep course, Kaplan. Also with two friends that lived above me. We were all getting in the mid 150s on practice exams. I was very bummed about my score and decided not to apply in 08. After some real consideration I decided to give it a shot this cycle, I still had my lovely LSAC fee waiver. I did get into Appalachian and I'm very happy about that. It might not be my first choice, but at least I did get into somewhere. Still waiting on ONU. I really would like a spot in their summer program. A friend of mine got a 143 and was accepted into their summer program. She is now a 2L there.

Return to “What are my chances?”