Parents at Cornell ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
OrangeMarmalade

New

Parents at Cornell ASW

Post by OrangeMarmalade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:53 am

Hey everyone,

How common is it to see parents at Cornell’s admitted student days? They do allow guests and someone at another forum said they did cater towards parents. I’ve driven up to the school and sat on classes on my own after getting accepted on a regular day. I think being first generation and first to go to law school, they want to go more as a celebration. I have read posts that say to take parents on another day if they want to go, but since Cornell is a day worth of driving from where I live, that’s not a great option for me.

brianna_45

New

Re: Parents at Cornell ASW

Post by brianna_45 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 am

I'll be bringing my mom with me!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:25 pm

My parents are coming with me to Ithaca, but they're going to go do something else during the ASD activities.

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Definitely bring your parents. Ideally, your parents would just move to you when you attend law school, and wait for you with tea and cookies every afternoon when you come home, and tuck you in at night. Good luck, follow your dreams!

dogger

New

Post by dogger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 am

It's uncommon but completely acceptable. Don't worry about it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm

OrangeMarmalade wrote:Hey everyone,

How common is it to see parents at Cornell’s admitted student days? They do allow guests and someone at another forum said they did cater towards parents. I’ve driven up to the school and sat on classes on my own after getting accepted on a regular day. I think being first generation and first to go to law school, they want to go more as a celebration. I have read posts that say to take parents on another day if they want to go, but since Cornell is a day worth of driving from where I live, that’s not a great option for me.
My Dad came with me, sat in on the classes, and asked a ton of good/semi-embarrassing questions to faculty. I was really glad to have him there, and it definitely wasn't weird. I probably wouldn't invite your parents out to the bar that night, if Cornell still does a school-sponsored bar tab.

OrangeMarmalade

New

Post by OrangeMarmalade » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 pm

I just wanted to give an udpate for anyone who may read this next year; there were a ton of parents. About half the students brought a parent, some even had both parents. All the other admitted days I've been to had maybe 2-3 parents max, so Cornell is def an anomaly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”