Difference between attending ASW & a random day Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Difference between attending ASW & a random day

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Notre Dame does scheduled visits on Fridays and its a lot cheaper to fly there on a random Friday than on ASW weekend.

Does anyone know if there is a big difference?

gotmilk332

New

Re: Difference between attending ASW & a random day

Post by gotmilk332 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Notre Dame does scheduled visits on Fridays and its a lot cheaper to fly there on a random Friday than on ASW weekend.

Does anyone know if there is a big difference?
I've been curious about the same thing! Columbia's ASW are wednesday and Thursday and it's harder to take off work in the middle of the week

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am

If you’re serious about the school, go to ASW because I feel like you get a better grasp of the type of people you’ll be around next year. If you’re just interested in the area, go on an individual visit and you’ll get much more attention from an assigned student or someone!

Laser Lady

New

Post by Laser Lady » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm

In my opinion, going on a random day will help you get a better feel for what the school is normally like, even if it doesn't give you any insights into your potential classmates. When I was applying to law schools, I did two random visits and one ASW visit. I found the random visits to be more informative and helpful than the ASW visit. (Thanks, Harvard, for making the decision to decline you extremely easy by being the most insufferable snobs in the history of insufferable snobbery.)

k5220

Bronze

Post by k5220 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 pm

I was deciding between two schools and went on random, non-ASW days, and it actually really helped me make my decision to see the school I did not end up choosing on a regular day. (It seemed really kind of oppressive and unsociable, especially compared to students of the other school the same week.) I think that might have been glossed over if I had gone on a day when the school was purposefully making its pitch and trying to recruit students.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”