Bringing a spouse/partner to ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
jd21

New

Bringing a spouse/partner to ASW

Post by jd21 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 pm

I see a lot of comments about people not bringing their parents to ASWs and I completely agree with the sentiment. On the other hand, if I move to attend a school my committed girlfriend is most likely moving with me. I saw these events as a way for her to get a feel for the area and school at the same time that I did so that she could contribute to our decision making process. Is there a reason that ASWs wouldn't be helpful or a reason not to bring her other than the fact that most people attend alone?

IExistedOnceBefore

Bronze

Re: Bringing a spouse/partner to ASW

Post by IExistedOnceBefore » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 am

Totally fine. Some schools have events for spouses/partners. Presumably they will move with you and the schools know that and welcome them.

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Im going with my GF, considering weither I enjoy the area is very important since I wont see her, I figure it cant hurt! Most places seem to have events for both.
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 pm

she could get a head start in getting acclimated to hanging out w/ insufferable ppl (you included) or she can cherish these halcyon days for just a short moment longer, but as far as if other ppl would care? nah.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 pm

I am one of the most diehard anti-bringing parents to ASWs, and I think bringing your spouse/partner/GF/BF is fine.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah, should be fine. If I saw you at ASW and you brought your parents, I would not talk to you. If you brought a partner/spouse, I would.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”