Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
LBall8287
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby LBall8287 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Short and sweet. I've been accepted and received a call from the Dean of the law school. Should I be flattered or was it just standard operating procedure. My numbers are higher than the median, just wondering because I have yet to receive a scholarship offer by mail. The Dean left a VM and I'm debating returning the call. What do y'all think?

User avatar
zerato5
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby zerato5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:06 pm

.
Last edited by zerato5 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby somedeadman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Are you really asking how flattered you should be? You got in. Be happy.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 pm

lols.

zeglo
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby zeglo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keilz
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby Keilz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha

User avatar
arroznueve
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby arroznueve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Keilz wrote:Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha


The conversation was recorded and the Dean has invited all the faculty, alumni, and current 1Ls to listen to it over and over and laugh at you.

(Calm down. The only person who remembers your conversation is you).

Keilz
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby Keilz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:10 pm

arroznueve wrote:
Keilz wrote:Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha


The conversation was recorded and the Dean has invited all the faculty, alumni, and current 1Ls to listen to it over and over and laugh at you.

(Calm down. The only person who remembers your conversation is you).


:lol: :oops: thanks

User avatar
rcharter1978
Posts: 4308
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:45 am

Keilz wrote:
arroznueve wrote:
Keilz wrote:Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha


The conversation was recorded and the Dean has invited all the faculty, alumni, and current 1Ls to listen to it over and over and laugh at you.

(Calm down. The only person who remembers your conversation is you).


:lol: :oops: thanks


No tea, no shade but I would die laughing if you lost your scholarship over an awkward phone call and the conversation they would have to explain it to you.

Ps- - they aren't, so we're both safe




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest