Accepted and left a deposit. Now What? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
LionKillerBJJ

New

Accepted and left a deposit. Now What?

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Hey everyone, I was accepted at Pace Law for the spring start. I loved everything about the school, and I'm getting a nice amount of scholarship money. All of this is great, but I'm doing my usual bit where I morph from a type B into a type A when I'm in school. I received my acceptance on Election day, and so it's been 10 days. I haven't registered for classes obviously. I don't know how to do an outline, which a lawyer friend told me is something you're expected to do on your own. I also heard you're expected to do some reading before classes begin, or at least that's a good idea.

I have emailed my contact at admissions who has been very helpful thus far, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Accepted and left a deposit. Now What?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Dude, trust the school. They're not going to forget about you. You will get information about classes etc in due time (and they will probably register you automatically because 1L classes are fixed, but if they need your input they will get it from you). There's no real point in worrying about how to outline until you have some material actually to outline - it will make much more sense at that point.

Look at it this way - adcomms are probably still admitting the rest of your class and Thanksgiving is next week. They're worrying about other things right now. Don't stress.

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks, I needed to hear that.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:09 pm

LionKillerBJJ wrote:Thanks, I needed to hear that.
You won't need to do any readings before school. Enjoy the next 8 months and make the best of them!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Where is Pace Law School?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:32 pm

I knew a dude with the last name of "Pace" who went to Pace University.

True story

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 pm

BigZuck wrote:I knew a dude with the last name of "Pace" who went to Pace University.

True story

I was looking through the website and someone at the school has the last name Pace as well. Humorous.

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:18 pm

kellyfrost wrote:Where is Pace Law School?
White Plains NY just above the city. Great location for me. It's right between the city and where I live. 20 minutes to the city plus a train that takes you to grand central for interviews if needed. I have a business in the city and it'll be great for me to go there if needed. Going to the city schools would have been really difficult for me. No parking and not trains that run to the city near me. Gorgeous campus, 90% employment rate.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:22 pm

LionKillerBJJ wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:Where is Pace Law School?
White Plains NY just above the city. Great location for me. It's right between the city and where I live. 20 minutes to the city plus a train that takes you to grand central for interviews if needed. I have a business in the city and it'll be great for me to go there if needed. Going to the city schools would have been really difficult for me. No parking and not trains that run to the city near me. Gorgeous campus, 90% employment rate.
Okay, I wasn't going to raise any of this because it's not what you asked about, but since you brought up the bolded, you should probably check this out: https://www.lstreports.com/schools/pace/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Looks like that train won't be needed for interviews, after all.

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:55 am

Considering I basically have a guaranteed job post-graduation, it doesn't matter as much. I have no interest in working at a large firm, nor do I have any interest in clerking or government employment. I have to say though, the negativity and the level of pettiness on this site is pretty astounding. I feel good about my decision and was just providing stats from a couple of different sources. TLS was horrible with LSAT help telling anyone and everyone how they aren't getting into any law school. Get in and suddenly your school isn't good. I'll be making the most of this. You guys can live on a forum and be gods here.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 am

LionKillerBJJ wrote:Considering I basically have a guaranteed job post-graduation, it doesn't matter as much. I have no interest in working at a large firm, nor do I have any interest in clerking or government employment. I have to say though, the negativity and the level of pettiness on this site is pretty astounding. I feel good about my decision and was just providing stats from a couple of different sources. TLS was horrible with LSAT help telling anyone and everyone how they aren't getting into any law school. Get in and suddenly your school isn't good. I'll be making the most of this. You guys can live on a forum and be gods here.
If you have a guaranteed job and Pace is the most convenient/cheap then I don't think many would say it's a bad decision.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:08 am

Nebby wrote:
LionKillerBJJ wrote:Considering I basically have a guaranteed job post-graduation, it doesn't matter as much. I have no interest in working at a large firm, nor do I have any interest in clerking or government employment. I have to say though, the negativity and the level of pettiness on this site is pretty astounding. I feel good about my decision and was just providing stats from a couple of different sources. TLS was horrible with LSAT help telling anyone and everyone how they aren't getting into any law school. Get in and suddenly your school isn't good. I'll be making the most of this. You guys can live on a forum and be gods here.
If you have a guaranteed job and Pace is the most convenient/cheap then I don't think many would say it's a bad decision.
And I would absolutely agree with this (and never said you shouldn't go). I just didn't want to leave the 90% employment rate floating out there when it's not accurate.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:12 am

By all means you can take your ball and go home if that's what you want to do. But the employment stats aren't 90% and there are some people with the last name of Pace who actually decide to attend the school. Those are FACTS.

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:24 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Nebby wrote:
And I would absolutely agree with this (and never said you shouldn't go). I just didn't want to leave the 90% employment rate floating out there when it's not accurate.
My comments were more directed at Lymenheimer. I appreciate the info.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:18 am

LionKillerBJJ wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Nebby wrote:
My comments were more directed at Lymenheimer. I appreciate the info.
Bahaha. I mean, I agree with everybody else on this, so idk why you're going all high and mighty on me.

rdawkins28

Bronze

Post by rdawkins28 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:09 pm

lymenheimer wrote: Looks like that train won't be needed for interviews, after all.
Perhaps the above statement wasn't the most diplomatic? Perhaps OP needs a safe place? Perhaps we'll seem Trump and Pence perform Hamilton soon?

LionKillerBJJ

New

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:15 pm

rdawkins28 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote: Looks like that train won't be needed for interviews, after all.
Perhaps the above statement wasn't the most diplomatic? Perhaps OP needs a safe place? Perhaps we'll seem Trump and Pence perform Hamilton soon?
It's a safe space and the last sentence doesn't seem to make any sense. But what the hell, let's all pile on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”