Just visited Georgia State Univ Law Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
bmathers

Silver

Just visited Georgia State Univ Law

Post by bmathers » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I was in the city for business and was accepted last cycle, so I made a visit. Their new building and resources are pretty impressive to see in-person. For the really important part - they do NOT have a lazy river, but have what they call a "lazy pool" and a rock climbing wall.

I love the city of Atlanta and would like to practice in the city (I have numerous family down here too), and they have good placement in the area. Their employment numbers are decent, considering I am not looking at T14s and in-state tuition is $16k/yr.

We'll see if I get any money this cycle, but I may be able to see myself there and in Atlanta after graduating.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Just visited Georgia State Univ Law

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:58 pm

I am pretty sure that most institutions have some sort of swimming facility as well as some sort of climbing wall. That could be a broad generalization, but I have yet to find a school that doesn't have either.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:10 pm

lymenheimer wrote:I am pretty sure that most institutions have some sort of swimming facility as well as some sort of climbing wall. That could be a broad generalization, but I have yet to find a school that doesn't have either.
That part was a joke from my Akron Law thread ;-)

Mr. Freeze

New

Post by Mr. Freeze » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Also considering that school. The new building looks great.

One question though, how safe is down town Atlanta? Ive read it used to be one of the most dangerous cities.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Mr. Freeze wrote:Also considering that school. The new building looks great.

One question though, how safe is down town Atlanta? Ive read it used to be one of the most dangerous cities.
ehhh from experience it isn't too bad, just don't be normal and don't flash a 600 dollar smart phone with fancy beats headphones all the time. This is coming from someone who likes Detroit so, I might not be the norm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 am

lymenheimer wrote:I am pretty sure that most institutions have some sort of swimming facility as well as some sort of climbing wall. That could be a broad generalization, but I have yet to find a school that doesn't have either.
Utah definitely has a climbing wall. They talk about it on the second page of the mailer I got!

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:21 pm

It's much nicer than Baltimore

Downtown is not bad IMO. Not much different from most other major cities that I've visited.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:36 pm

unsweetened wrote:

It's much nicer than Baltimore

Downtown is not bad IMO. Not much different from most other major cities that I've visited.
Yes, directly around the building can be sketchy to live. However, the areas surrounding the immediate area (Inman Court, etc) have really been revitalized in recent years and are full of young professionals and students. The Beltline is an awesome walking path going through the area that a Ga Tech PhD student created. It's all so new, it's still growing pretty rapidly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”