Columbia and NYU overlapping ASDs Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
milvertons

New

Columbia and NYU overlapping ASDs

Post by milvertons » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 pm

For people who are planning on going to both NYU/Columbia ASDs next week, have you decided when to leave Columbia and head to NYU? I'm thinking about heading over after the student panel at 11:15am.

KiltedKicker

Bronze

Re: Columbia and NYU overlapping ASDs

Post by KiltedKicker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Same. I'm assuming a lot of students will be leaving around that time.

RSN

Silver

Post by RSN » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Did that last year and it worked fine. Both schools know a lot of people will be doing it.

mathaddict

New

Post by mathaddict » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 pm

FWIW I'll be doing it too

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Yay more food for me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpark86

New

Post by jpark86 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Anyone going to the March ASDs? Any consensus on when to leave Columbia for NYU?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm

jpark86 wrote:Anyone going to the March ASDs? Any consensus on when to leave Columbia for NYU?
You're talking about the ones March 29-31 right? I'm doing both. Not totally sure when I'll leave Columbia...

Wondering if anyone who did both last week would be willing to speak to how doing them both went and when they would recommend leaving Columbia?

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 am

airwrecka wrote:
jpark86 wrote:Anyone going to the March ASDs? Any consensus on when to leave Columbia for NYU?
You're talking about the ones March 29-31 right? I'm doing both. Not totally sure when I'll leave Columbia...

Wondering if anyone who did both last week would be willing to speak to how doing them both went and when they would recommend leaving Columbia?
I did both. I went to Wednesday at Columbia, and then Thursday/Friday at NYU. I think most people leave Columbia around lunch to go to NYU. But doing so means that you miss the mock class at NYU, so I would recommend leaving a little before lunch. I didn't make it to NYU's mock class, but I really enjoyed the Columbia mock class and wish I had participated at NYU's.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:58 am

20171lhopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

I did both. I went to Wednesday at Columbia, and then Thursday/Friday at NYU. I think most people leave Columbia around lunch to go to NYU. But doing so means that you miss the mock class at NYU, so I would recommend leaving a little before lunch. I didn't make it to NYU's mock class, but I really enjoyed the Columbia mock class and wish I had participated at NYU's.
good to know! thanks for the feedback :)

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 am

20171lhopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

I didn't go to both, but if you end up having to decide between an informational panel at one school and a mock class at the other, go to the panel. The mock class is going to be fun no matter where you are, because they're going to give you the students' very favorite teacher and a fun case. It doesn't actually give you the chance to find out anything useful.

If the choice is lunch or mock class, then go to the mock class. Unless it's a really good lunch.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”