Bringing guests to Admitted Weekend Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
thisislife49

Bronze

Bringing guests to Admitted Weekend

Post by thisislife49 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Many schools offer the student the option to bring a guest to the admitted student weekend. With that in mind though, is it weird to bring a guest to view the campus and go to a Dean's dinner? I was wanting to take my husband with me, but I did not know if I would be the lone person bringing someone along. Thoughts?

kaiser

Gold

Re: Bringing guests to Admitted Weekend

Post by kaiser » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Not weird at all. A few people I know brought girlfriends or spouses. My dad was with me for one admitted student day, since he was an alum of the undergrad and wanted to visit the school with me, so I said sure. Even that wasn't so out of place, since I saw quite a few parents at these events. So a spouse would absolutely be fine.

thisislife49

Bronze

Post by thisislife49 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 pm

kaiser wrote:Not weird at all. A few people I know brought girlfriends or spouses. My dad was with me for one admitted student day, since he was an alum of the undergrad and wanted to visit the school with me, so I said sure. Even that wasn't so out of place, since I saw quite a few parents at these events. So a spouse would absolutely be fine.
Great, thanks for letting me know!

Seaborn'16

New

Post by Seaborn'16 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:34 pm

kaiser wrote:Not weird at all. A few people I know brought girlfriends or spouses. My dad was with me for one admitted student day, since he was an alum of the undergrad and wanted to visit the school with me, so I said sure. Even that wasn't so out of place, since I saw quite a few parents at these events. So a spouse would absolutely be fine.
+1

I brought my wife with me to a couple of ASDs, and there were plenty of other significant others and parents. Not the majority, but certainly enough that it wasn't weird at all.

thisislife49

Bronze

Post by thisislife49 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Seaborn'16 wrote:
+1

I brought my wife with me to a couple of ASDs, and there were plenty of other significant others and parents. Not the majority, but certainly enough that it wasn't weird at all.
Happy to hear that... I am outgoing, but I think I will be more so with someone I know with me! I appreciate it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Moonlight

Silver

Post by Moonlight » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Content Deleted
Last edited by Moonlight on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm

What about in situations where a guest isn't included in an RSVP?
I RSVP'd to ASU's ASD but I live in LA and thus would feel more comfortable on the 12 hour round-trip drive if I had my best friend with me, but I don't want to drag her along only to ditch her for 8 hours for the event. Thoughts?

thisislife49

Bronze

Post by thisislife49 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:39 pm

krispymenudo wrote:What about in situations where a guest isn't included in an RSVP?
I RSVP'd to ASU's ASD but I live in LA and thus would feel more comfortable on the 12 hour round-trip drive if I had my best friend with me, but I don't want to drag her along only to ditch her for 8 hours for the event. Thoughts?

1. Call the law school to see if guests are welcome--- you can also tell them your situation.

2. If not, you're friend has the day to do whatever they want! Phoenix offers a lot of fun stuff to do--- stay at a nicer hotel with a top notch pool and they will be good to go for the day! Also, there is great shopping/bars on Mill Avenue and at Tempe Marketplace. If they prefer hiking, there are many trails too. There are SO many options in Phoenix.

On another note, I just went to an open house and would say 98% of the people did not bring a guest. There were a few parents/significant others here and there, but the majority didn't bring anyone. I personally thought it was beneficial for me to leave my husband at home. Not only was he not bored with all the law school talk, but it also forced me to talk to others and make friends. Just my take!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”