Dress Code for ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
chuckbass

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm planning on being stylish, but not business casual. I will laugh at everyone in a suit.

OMAR_COMIN_YO

Postby OMAR_COMIN_YO » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm going with nice jeans, decent shoes, and a button down or sweater.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 pm

whoever is telling you to wear professional is wrong.... comes off as gunner. business casual is wrong too... its too formal. the goal is to stand out... be remembered!

wear this!

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:49 pm

I either dress like I'm going to a cocktail party or to yoga class, so this will be a challenge for me. (Other female Greek lifers will understand, your wardrobe is essentially made up of Nike shorts, Lululemon, tights, and Greek shirts.)

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm

mes10d wrote:I either dress like I'm going to a cocktail party or to yoga class, so this will be a challenge for me. (Other female Greek lifers will understand, your wardrobe is essentially made up of Nike shorts, Lululemon, tights, and Greek shirts.)

It's nice how sororities encourage everyone to be their own person.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:25 pm

mes10d wrote:I either dress like I'm going to a cocktail party or to yoga class, so this will be a challenge for me. (Other female Greek lifers will understand, your wardrobe is essentially made up of Nike shorts, Lululemon, tights, and Greek shirts.)

Never met a Greek girl w/out a silk blouse, a well-fitted pair of a jeans, and a string of pearls.

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the thread for snarkiness. My OP was satirical, from start to finish, so I'm glad you picked up on that.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 pm

mes10d wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the thread for snarkiness. My OP was satirical, from start to finish, so I'm glad you picked up on that.

I thought the whole internet was for snarkiness! Especially when the OP is satirical. Why are we angry? We like you and we like jokes. Can't we all be friends?
Although, I will agree that rinkrat's punch was maybe a smidge low? I don't know. Let's go to ASW dressed well. Then we'll drink well.

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:48 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
mes10d wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

I thought the whole internet was for snarkiness! Especially when the OP is satirical. Why are we angry? We like you and we like jokes. Can't we all be friends?
Although, I will agree that rinkrat's punch was maybe a smidge low? I don't know. Let's go to ASW dressed well. Then we'll drink well.

Ever thought about a career in mediation? :D
It seemed a bit unnecessary, I guess. But yes, let's go to am ASW. I can assure you that you won't find me in a blouse, tailored jeans, and string of pearls. (I don't even own any!) :wink:

bound

Postby bound » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 pm

I just received an email from a school for an upcoming ASW. It specifically says "casual dress." Can I pull off a sundress and flats for that?

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Austinbound wrote:I just received an email from a school for an upcoming ASW. It specifically says "casual dress." Can I pull off a sundress and flats for that?

Yes! And thank god & Texas we're almost to sundress season.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I just received an email from a school for an upcoming ASW. It specifically says "casual dress." Can I pull off a sundress and flats for that?

+1

Carter1901

Postby Carter1901 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm

rinkrat19 wrote: It's nice how sororities encourage everyone to be their own person.

Unnecessary.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Carter1901 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote: It's nice how sororities encourage everyone to be their own person.

Unnecessary.

It's funny because it's true.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:05 am

northwood wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:

+1

iskim88

Postby iskim88 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Just be hot

kris4842

Postby kris4842 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Can someone explain to me the point of "trying to stand out" what is the point? If you are already admitted who are you trying to impress? I have mine this Friday and was going to wear a suit since I am leaving from work that day but the way everyone is saying is it is too formal. Plus Im one of the "older" people so maybe the suit is a but too much.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 pm

kris4842 wrote:Can someone explain to me the point of "trying to stand out" what is the point? If you are already admitted who are you trying to impress? I have mine this Friday and was going to wear a suit since I am leaving from work that day but the way everyone is saying is it is too formal. Plus Im one of the "older" people so maybe the suit is a but too much.

IDK where you read about wanting to stand out, but don't do that. Don't be the guy who is remembered for their clothes at ASW. Don't be remembered at all at ASW, tbh.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:53 pm

rebexness wrote:
kris4842 wrote:Can someone explain to me the point of "trying to stand out" what is the point? If you are already admitted who are you trying to impress? I have mine this Friday and was going to wear a suit since I am leaving from work that day but the way everyone is saying is it is too formal. Plus Im one of the "older" people so maybe the suit is a but too much.

IDK where you read about wanting to stand out, but don't do that. Don't be the guy who is remembered for their clothes at ASW. Don't be remembered at all at ASW, tbh.

This, but also if you are wearing a suit for work and are going straight there and don't wanna mess with it, don't worry about it. It is what it is. Plus, depending on how much "older" you are, I don't think anyone will think much of it.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:What's the general consensus on dress code for ASWs?

It doesn't matter.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

take off jacket, roll up sleeves - you'll be fine

kris4842

Postby kris4842 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

thanks

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

kris4842 wrote:thanks

good luck with aspergers.

good luck with your time off for being an asshole

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:30 pm

californiauser wrote:

take off jacket, roll up sleeves - you'll be fine

+1 lose the tie and unbutton the collar and you are all set without needing to fret.

dwil770
vaginas are ickier than wieners

Postby dwil770 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:40 pm

rebexness wrote:

What about trying to sow early seeds of discomfort in your classmates' minds? Do you think they will get psyched out since they know they prob won't out rank the professionally dressed guy in a suit, and are just one slot closer to the bottom already? Or is it better to look like a slob so they never see you coming and have a false sense of security?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”