Dress Code for ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
brinicolec

Gold

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by brinicolec » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:44 pm

zeglo wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what is the appeal of tattoos? They're permanent.
Turn my body into a piece of artwork/a canvas, say things about myself before even having to say anything, also, the pain of it is a stress-reliever for me/helps me out of depressed moods ---- but that's probably weird to some people so....

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm

--
Last edited by guynourmin on Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 pm

guybourdin wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
zeglo wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what is the appeal of tattoos? They're permanent.
That to me is the appeal. I'm pretty covered, and the tattoos I have are essentially a scrapbook of my life; they remind me of things/places/people that I may otherwise forget. And on a more superficial level, they can look pretty badass too! Here is my back:
No wiggle room for a sleeve slip? lol. Mine stops probably half an inch higher than yours.
No room at all haha. Honestly, I feel like if you have the self confidence to make your tattoos a non-issue, then they won't become one.

emmbeegee

New

Post by emmbeegee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm

funzies wrote:
whodareswins wrote:I have almost fifty tattoos including my entire back, full sleeves, a palm tattoo, ribs, legs, etc.

It's never hampered my career. The only one that shows with a suit on is my palm, and even that one is hard to see.
Thanks for your comment! It's good to hear that other people have been able to make having tattoos in visible areas work! People are probs surprised when they see all your tattoos for the first time if they always see you in a suit :lol:
It is really funny seeing reactions from people who apparently think everyone with a tattoo must fit a certain mold. I'm a jeans-cardigan-and-pearls kind of girl, super geek, teach at a uni, yada yada yada. I ran into one of the senior faculty members from my department at the beach once and he was baffleddddd to see that I have some ink. Alas, life is full of surprises.

emmbeegee

New

Post by emmbeegee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:19 pm

whodareswins wrote:
That to me is the appeal. I'm pretty covered, and the tattoos I have are essentially a scrapbook of my life; they remind me of things/places/people that I may otherwise forget. And on a more superficial level, they can look pretty badass too! Here is my back:

http://imgur.com/rnrNLQ2

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Shit, now I have to get a tattoo for ASW? Law school is so fucking expensive.

What if I get one of a peer school-- will that help my scholarship negotiating position?

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Sarastro wrote:Shit, now I have to get a tattoo for ASW? Law school is so fucking expensive.

What if I get one of a peer school-- will that help my scholarship negotiating position?
Skip the peer schools and get a tattoo of Wharton, so you can signal to every law school that you don't need them, they need you.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Sarastro wrote:Shit, now I have to get a tattoo for ASW? Law school is so fucking expensive.

Skip the peer schools and get a tattoo of Wharton, so you can signal to every law school that you don't need them, they need you.
The UPenn symbol is literally the only law school symbol worthy of ever being tattooed. (That would still be crazy)

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:44 pm

I dressed for the bars I wanted to end up at. I feel like it turned out wonderfully, to be honest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am

Our generation is really a little more reasonable when it comes to tattoos. I guess for us, anyone and everyone can have one. People who graduate at the top of your class can have one, your professors can have one, whatever. The older generation probably didn't have that experience, for them the scumbags of society were the ones with tattoos. Unfortunately for us, that generation is the one in charge at the moment.

drjekyllope

New

Post by drjekyllope » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:44 pm

lol i'm wearing crop tops and jeans all ASW, i just survived a blizzard and i'm heading to california. if i see anyone wearing a suit at ASW i'm gonna throw a water balloon at em.

dannyswo

Gold

Post by dannyswo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Thread could be better if everyone posts a picture and let us critique your wardrobe.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”