WUSTL Advice Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Nucky

Silver

WUSTL Advice

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 am

I'll be visiting WUSTL in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good hotel and/or area to stay in St. Louis? Preferably something safe that is near the school and within walking distance to good bars.

It'll be my first time in St. Louis and I'll probably be there for a few days with nothing to do(hence importance of hotel proximity to bars) so if anyone has any recommendations for attractions and things I should do or see, aside from the Arc, I'd very much appreciate that as well!

Very thankful for anyone who can help.

Nucky

Silver

Re: WUSTL Advice

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Anyone?

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Hey man, check out our WUSTL applicants thread if you haven't already. I know we're quite active so it's hard to find stuff, but searching within it could be helpful. And that's where we'll chat more about ASW dates, if that's when you're visiting.

To your questions, I would recommend (and I've heard others before me recommend) staying in the Loop area or Clayton area for your visit. Safe and close to campus. Specifically, the Moonrise Hotel is smack dab in the Loop, walking distance to where we'll likely meet after official admitted student programming on those Fridays. Good food and bars in the area.

Check out the student blogs on the WUSTL Law website. They're a few years old, but there's a superb summary post written by a TLSer called "72 Hours in St. Louis". That covers a lot of things to check out while you're in town.

Keep the questions coming if you have more or need clarification. I'm a local and am always willing to chat about my city. Have a nice visit!

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 pm

I liked the Moonrise

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Fiero85 wrote:Hey man, check out our WUSTL applicants thread if you haven't already. I know we're quite active so it's hard to find stuff, but searching within it could be helpful. And that's where we'll chat more about ASW dates, if that's when you're visiting.

To your questions, I would recommend (and I've heard others before me recommend) staying in the Loop area or Clayton area for your visit. Safe and close to campus. Specifically, the Moonrise Hotel is smack dab in the Loop, walking distance to where we'll likely meet after official admitted student programming on those Fridays. Good food and bars in the area.

Check out the student blogs on the WUSTL Law website. They're a few years old, but there's a superb summary post written by a TLSer called "72 Hours in St. Louis". That covers a lot of things to check out while you're in town.

Keep the questions coming if you have more or need clarification. I'm a local and am always willing to chat about my city. Have a nice visit!
Awesome stuff, thank you so much for the info! I think you covered it all. Definitely going to check out the Moonrise. Sounds perfect. Not sure if I'll be able to make an ASD but if I do I hope to see you there!

Thank you again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Nucky wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Hey man, check out our WUSTL applicants thread if you haven't already. I know we're quite active so it's hard to find stuff, but searching within it could be helpful. And that's where we'll chat more about ASW dates, if that's when you're visiting.

Awesome stuff, thank you so much for the info! I think you covered it all. Definitely going to check out the Moonrise. Sounds perfect. Not sure if I'll be able to make an ASD but if I do I hope to see you there!

Thank you again!
No problem, good luck with your application/interview/scholly offer however far along you may be!

JJ123

Bronze

Post by JJ123 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:12 pm

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton. I believe it was around $100 total, near the school, free delicious breakfast, and a great place to stay.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”