Class of 2017 ASW's/Stipends/Etc.

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Shortterm12

New

Re: Class of 2017 ASW's/Stipends/Etc.

Postby Shortterm12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 am

HorseThief wrote:
Shortterm12 wrote:Probably a stupid question but is it possible that not attending ASWs will result in lower scholarships? (i.e. not enough interest in the school)

I highly doubt it. Scholarships are usually given out before ASW's, and I can't imagine they'd penalize accepted students who actually can't attend the ASW (ie if you have a wedding to go to, family commitments, etc.).

Thank you, my thinking was that schools would see if you had RSVPed to go to ASW before offering $$$. I hope missing them won't result in less money

HorseThief

Silver

Postby HorseThief » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:10 am

logical seasoning wrote:If your travel is getting reimbursed, when do schools actually go about reimbursing your monies? Probably after the ASW, correct?

I think it depends, but I know some schools do the reimbursement at the ASW. I'm planning on bringing all of my receipts to every ASW.

shtickel

New

Postby shtickel » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Is it accepted to bring a spouse to an "alumni regional reception" (invited as an admitted student)? Pros/cons?

hwannabe1234

New

Postby hwannabe1234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 am

If I send my intent to enroll at other school and withdraw my spot from stanford, could I still visit ASW and get cost reimbursement for the airfare?

THANKS!

sunsheyen

New

Postby sunsheyen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:42 pm

hwannabe1234 wrote:If I send my intent to enroll at other school and withdraw my spot from stanford, could I still visit ASW and get cost reimbursement for the airfare?

THANKS!

If you have withdrawn, wouldn't you no longer be considered an admitted student (yes, I get the "technically was admitted" part)? I can't imagine them paying for a trip for someone who would basically have no affiliation with the school at that point.

Duh.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days�