Alabama Open House 1/31

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
samoby

Alabama Open House 1/31

Postby samoby » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Is anybody going? I'm flying up Thursday evening but won't be able to attend the dinner they're having that night. Seems like they're packing a ton into that Friday, though. I'd love to meet up with some fellow TLS-ers at some point!

Robbin Blue

Re: Alabama Open House 1/31

Postby Robbin Blue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 pm

I'll be there! Gonna be arriving early on Thursday since they scheduled my scholarship interview that afternoon. I would also be down for hanging out with TLSers.

southernbelle87

Postby southernbelle87 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Going to the March one instead

altoline115

Postby altoline115 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm

My fiance and I will be there for the dinner and the open house! Looking forward to it!

livefromannarbor

Postby livefromannarbor » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 am

I will be there as well! I'm flying in early Thursday afternoon (I figure it'll give me a chance to get settled, and maybe explore the UG campus as well before the dinner), and then flying back Friday night after that dinner. I'm also down to meet some TLSers. Any idea how to organize such a thing?

Edit: Also, it seems pretty casual. Does anyone have any prior knowledge that would dictate making room for a business-casual outfit in my bag?

samoby

Postby samoby » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:29 pm

livefromannarbor wrote:I will be there as well! I'm flying in early Thursday afternoon (I figure it'll give me a chance to get settled, and maybe explore the UG campus as well before the dinner), and then flying back Friday night after that dinner. I'm also down to meet some TLSers. Any idea how to organize such a thing?

Edit: Also, it seems pretty casual. Does anyone have any prior knowledge that would dictate making room for a business-casual outfit in my bag?

I don't have any information on this, but I'd assume nice-ish jeans would be fine, right? Maybe it's different for the dinner on Thursday. Maybe it's wishful thinking because I want to wear jeans.

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:37 am

Yeah, I was just going to go casual. Depending on how long my interviews go (they estimated three hours?!!), I may have to be dressed up for the dinner. I'm sure in general, no one cares even a little.

livefromannarbor

Postby livefromannarbor » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:36 am

Robbin Blue wrote:Yeah, I was just going to go casual. Depending on how long my interviews go (they estimated three hours?!!), I may have to be dressed up for the dinner. I'm sure in general, no one cares even a little.

samoby wrote:
livefromannarbor wrote:I will be there as well! I'm flying in early Thursday afternoon (I figure it'll give me a chance to get settled, and maybe explore the UG campus as well before the dinner), and then flying back Friday night after that dinner. I'm also down to meet some TLSers. Any idea how to organize such a thing?

I don't have any information on this, but I'd assume nice-ish jeans would be fine, right? Maybe it's different for the dinner on Thursday. Maybe it's wishful thinking because I want to wear jeans.

This was my inclination as well. I saw in a previous Alabama Open House thread (don't remember which - I just googled and found a thread here) that someone wasn't looking forward to the business casual. Maybe they were talking about an interview? Who knows. I'll just make sure I don't look like a slob and that'll be that, haha.

doubledawg3378

Postby doubledawg3378 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:26 pm

I was going to go, but the e-mail read like it was for ppl interested in law school in GENERAL.... like "about the LSAT"..."how to prepare to apply to law school" almost like a freshman/sophomore in college event

livefromannarbor

Postby livefromannarbor » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:37 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:I was going to go, but the e-mail read like it was for ppl interested in law school in GENERAL.... like "about the LSAT"..."how to prepare to apply to law school" almost like a freshman/sophomore in college event

What gave you that impression? To me, it sounded like any other open house.

smartypants2014

Postby smartypants2014 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:05 am

Any accepted students attending who have already received scholarship offers?

samoby

Postby samoby » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:43 pm

smartypants2014 wrote:Any accepted students attending who have already received scholarship offers?

I have (25k/year OOS), but it comes with a top 50% stip.

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

If you're driving in, you should probably leave earlier than you would normally. The roads here are still icy in a few places and there are abandoned cars clogging some of the streets. It's getting better though!

samoby

Postby samoby » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:If you're driving in, you should probably leave earlier than you would normally. The roads here are still icy in a few places and there are abandoned cars clogging some of the streets. It's getting better though!

Getting to BHM from NYC is a nightmare!

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”