Bad tour

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Bad tour

Postby cinephile » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

I suppose I'm too harsh, and judgmental. But this girl generally says these kinds of things that drive me crazy - like using ironic to mean coincidental. She'll probably make a fine doctor, but if I were her patient and she said these things it would make me wonder about her. But I suppose Phantom would come up rarely in her line of work.

ClericalError
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Bad tour

Postby ClericalError » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:27 pm

cinephile wrote:I suppose I'm too harsh, and judgmental. But this girl generally says these kinds of things that drive me crazy - like using ironic to mean coincidental. She'll probably make a fine doctor, but if I were her patient and she said these things it would make me wonder about her. But I suppose Phantom would come up rarely in her line of work.



Can I take a guess? Is your friend Alanis Morrisette?

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Bad tour

Postby cinephile » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:34 pm

ClericalError wrote:
cinephile wrote:I suppose I'm too harsh, and judgmental. But this girl generally says these kinds of things that drive me crazy - like using ironic to mean coincidental. She'll probably make a fine doctor, but if I were her patient and she said these things it would make me wonder about her. But I suppose Phantom would come up rarely in her line of work.



Can I take a guess? Is your friend Alanis Morrisette?


No, but fun story - she dropped out at the end of her third year. She's now decided to be a dentist and is starting from scratch. So obviously there's something flaky going on there - her word usage was just the first sign.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Bad tour

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 am

cinephile wrote:
ClericalError wrote:
cinephile wrote:I suppose I'm too harsh, and judgmental. But this girl generally says these kinds of things that drive me crazy - like using ironic to mean coincidental. She'll probably make a fine doctor, but if I were her patient and she said these things it would make me wonder about her. But I suppose Phantom would come up rarely in her line of work.



Can I take a guess? Is your friend Alanis Morrisette?


No, but fun story - she dropped out at the end of her third year. She's now decided to be a dentist and is starting from scratch. So obviously there's something flaky going on there - her word usage was just the first sign.



Starting from scratch = lame, but being a Dentist is -- by all accounts -- the way to go. Much less expensive to start up your own practice, better hours, lower insurance requirement, great money.

That said... While I don't consider myself a douche and would definitely never be openly rude to someone over their lack of knowledge in any given area, I have a distinct preference to work with (and more specifically be worked on by) people who give me the impression of well-rounded intelligence. Undoubtedly there are amazing specialists who lack knowledge in a wide range of other areas -- but I think we're all programmed through experience to have a baseline of things which are requisites for deference to another person's intelligence.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests