Berkeley ASW 2013

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
dnptan

Re: Berkeley ASW 2013

Postby dnptan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Ughhh I would LOVE to go, but I can't take any time off work. Have fun guys! Enjoy the California weather. Regards from Boston - where the spring refuses to visit.

WalkingPlato

Postby WalkingPlato » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

The e-mails said to dress "casual," maybe bring a jacket if it's needed. Is this business casual or just nice jeans and nice shirt? I really don't like putting up a front/facade, rather just lay back, chill, and enjoy the events/weekend.

Aloyicious

Postby Aloyicious » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:51 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:The e-mails said to dress "casual," maybe bring a jacket if it's needed. Is this business casual or just nice jeans and nice shirt? I really don't like putting up a front/facade, rather just lay back, chill, and enjoy the events/weekend.

If you look at the ASW, they have a flickr feed with photos from last year. I didn't see anyone in business casual (i.e., people are all dressed pretty casually).

ssanonymous

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

how's ASW going?

mistd

Postby mistd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Their stipend is very generous and it allows me to go to their ASW!
One very silly question :oops: : Doe taking their stipend obligate me to attend their school?
Berkeley is definitely my top choice thus far but I want to visit a couple of ASWs before deciding for sure. Is this okay?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm

mistd wrote:Their stipend is very generous and it allows me to go to their ASW!
One very silly question :oops: : Doe taking their stipend obligate me to attend their school?
Berkeley is definitely my top choice thus far but I want to visit a couple of ASWs before deciding for sure. Is this okay?

Since the point of an ASW is to convince you to go, it would be very weird if the stipend obligated you to attend. It's conceivable that they could put a stip on it that requires you to repay the stipend if you don't matriculate, but that seems way to TTT for Boalt.

Just read anything you agree to carefully. Call them to clarify if you're still paranoid. Consider this your first training in being a lawyer.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”