PSA: do not gun during class visits Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Nova

Platinum

Re: PSA: do not gun during class visits

Post by Nova » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

clay7676 wrote:Who cares what visiting students do in a class? Not me. They have every right to engage in their new law school and it is a sure fire way to get your foot in the door with the law school experience/staff. Screw the peer pressured judgmental nonsense you spew, let people explore/engage to get a feel for it. Observance is the intent, but participation should be welcomed in a setting where hopefully students care about incoming 1L's. This is not high school anymore. How rude!
No. You need to stfu when sitting in on a lecture. Its rude and selfish to take up class time with your thoughts. There's a lot of material to get through and you have nothing in the line.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:10 pm

clay7676 wrote:Who cares what visiting students do in a class? Not me. They have every right to engage in their new law school and it is a sure fire way to get your foot in the door with the law school experience/staff. Screw the peer pressured judgmental nonsense you spew, let people explore/engage to get a feel for it. Observance is the intent, but participation should be welcomed in a setting where hopefully students care about incoming 1L's. This is not high school anymore. How rude!

You're gonna make lots of friends doing that, I'm sure.

mlansky

New

Post by mlansky » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:40 pm

nice try troll that degree of oblivion requires medication

ETA: your belief that law school isn't high school anymore may be unfounded

Graham42

New

Post by Graham42 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Last edited by Graham42 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 am

I toured a school with a highschooler and his parent on the tour. Judging from the tour, I can't begin to imagine how bad they would have been if I had sat in on a class with them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Hoping and praying for a 0L visitor to gun in Con Law this quarter.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 am

This thread makes me so sad. I nearly fell asleep in the class I visited.

Can someone even tell me the point of these? I was completely lost for obvious reasons, I heard the cell go off for two of the people around me, and the rest were just actively texting.

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:07 am

LOL at staying after class to chat with professors.

Wiggly

Bronze

Post by Wiggly » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:09 am

Last edited by Wiggly on Sun May 25, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 am

We have a professor who is notorious for being a dick, kind of like that professor from the Paper Chase. Anyway, a friend is a tour guide for the law school and she asked him if she could bring prospective students to his class because at least he won't put them to sleep. He said it was alright, but only so long as the prospective students did the reading ahead of time because he intended to call on them. He wasn't joking.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 am

For some reason my school made all the prospective students sit in on Property during estates in land. Glad that we could confirm their impression that the law is a nonsensical morass of corrupted Latin and rules developed in 16th-century England...

thisone2014

Bronze

Post by thisone2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:52 am

Last edited by thisone2014 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 am

I trolled the fuck out of the class when I attended one in asw. I smelled my fingers when I spoke and asked 2 questions. I went over the top to convince people I had aspergers. One chick bought it and tried to talk to me while making sympathetic clucking noises. The next year she discovered that I had trolled her and she has hated me ever since.

In related news: I am an absolute dickhead and have no sense of propriety.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thisone2014

Bronze

Post by thisone2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:38 pm

bjsesq wrote: I trolled the fuck out of the class when I attended one in asw. I smelled my fingers when I spoke and asked 2 questions. I went over the top to convince people I had aspergers. One chick bought it and tried to talk to me while making sympathetic clucking noises. The next year she discovered that I had trolled her and she has hated me ever since.
but... why?

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:40 pm

thisone2014 wrote:
bjsesq wrote: I trolled the fuck out of the class when I attended one in asw. I smelled my fingers when I spoke and asked 2 questions. I went over the top to convince people I had aspergers. One chick bought it and tried to talk to me while making sympathetic clucking noises. The next year she discovered that I had trolled her and she has hated me ever since.
but... why?
Because some of the people in the class tried to troll us beforehand, talking about how terrifying it all is and yada yada yada. Also because I'm a sociopath.

Sheriff

Bronze

Post by Sheriff » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

I'd love for an 0L to give it a go in class. Who gives a shit?

Of course, I can also see their attempts at gunnery becoming annoying. But if done well(or especially poorly), I think it'd have high entertainment value.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 pm

bjsesq wrote:
thisone2014 wrote:
but... why?
Because some of the people in the class tried to troll us beforehand, talking about how terrifying it all is and yada yada yada. Also because I'm a sociopath.
nah this was genius

asw kids asking questions in class is annoying but at this point i think the self important DON'T YOU DARE INTERACT WITH A CLASS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE IN FOR 1L shit is worse

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm

fats provolone wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
thisone2014 wrote:
but... why?
nah this was genius
A couple people appreciated it.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:58 pm

also see my edit

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Sheriff wrote:I'd love for an 0L to give it a go in class. Who gives a shit?

Of course, I can also see their attempts at gunnery becoming annoying. But if done well(or especially poorly), I think it'd have high entertainment value.
I don't particularly like when gunner classmates waste time with irrelevant questions or opinions, let alone when some 0L who has literally zero clue what he/she is talking about and no skin in the game does it. it's not that i'm smarter than you because you're a 0L, it's that I don't fucking care about anyone's opinion in class except the teacher since that's who I need to emulate on the exam. also, the less participation hopefully the sooner i can get out of class

i would however enjoy a well done troll such as bjs

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 pm

PSA: Don't stay after class hours to talk to professors under any circumstance.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”