Wake Forest Admit Days Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
parebare23

Bronze

Wake Forest Admit Days

Post by parebare23 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Trying to schedule a visit and having a difficult time find a "day" that fits into my schedule. I'd really like to make it to the Scholars Day or the Admitted Day but its not looking too good-- how big of a deal do you think it is if I decide to just schedule a regular visit? Does it really make a difference?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Re: Wake Forest Admit Days

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 pm

parebare23 wrote:Trying to schedule a visit and having a difficult time find a "day" that fits into my schedule. I'd really like to make it to the Scholars Day or the Admitted Day but its not looking too good-- how big of a deal do you think it is if I decide to just schedule a regular visit? Does it really make a difference?
It doesn't really make a difference. The school is usually pretty good about scheduling visits for individuals. If you can't make one of the Admitted Student days, you'll miss out on meeting other incoming students, but not much else. In the overall scheme of things, it won't make a difference either way.

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 am

I got a great tour and whatnot from the regular visit I went on. I really don't think it matters much.
PirateCap'n wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Trying to schedule a visit and having a difficult time find a "day" that fits into my schedule. I'd really like to make it to the Scholars Day or the Admitted Day but its not looking too good-- how big of a deal do you think it is if I decide to just schedule a regular visit? Does it really make a difference?
It doesn't really make a difference. The school is usually pretty good about scheduling visits for individuals. If you can't make one of the Admitted Student days, you'll miss out on meeting other incoming students, but not much else. In the overall scheme of things, it won't make a difference either way.

parebare23

Bronze

Post by parebare23 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 pm

ash0117 wrote:I got a great tour and whatnot from the regular visit I went on. I really don't think it matters much.
PirateCap'n wrote:

Thanks, I decided to make it fit into one of the admit days - saving $300 on the initial deposit was worth it for me since Wake is very high up on my list. Any tips or suggestions for things to look out for/do during my visit?

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 am

Funny thing is, I decided to go the March 23 ASD! I agree about the deposit and plus my dad wants to see the school and the town. So he's going to wander while I go to ASD. When I was there, I explored downtown, went down by Hanes Mall and that general area, and explored right around the school. I also looked at apartments, since I am 100% going there in the Fall. Old Salem seems cool- I might check it out this time. And there are some other historical/quaint things to do. I would look at the W-S tourism website.

Which ASD are you going to?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

parebare23

Bronze

Post by parebare23 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 pm

ash0117 wrote:Funny thing is, I decided to go the March 23 ASD! I agree about the deposit and plus my dad wants to see the school and the town. So he's going to wander while I go to ASD. When I was there, I explored downtown, went down by Hanes Mall and that general area, and explored right around the school. I also looked at apartments, since I am 100% going there in the Fall. Old Salem seems cool- I might check it out this time. And there are some other historical/quaint things to do. I would look at the W-S tourism website.

I'll be heading down this weekend for the March 2nd scholar day. My mom is driving down with me as well and planning on taking a look while I attend the other activities. I will only have a couple hours to look around after the day ends because I have to get right back on the road - but still looking forward to it even if it is a rushed visit!

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I tried to register for the scholars day but registration was full. So I'll be there later.
parebare23 wrote:
ash0117 wrote:Funny thing is, I decided to go the March 23 ASD! I agree about the deposit and plus my dad wants to see the school and the town. So he's going to wander while I go to ASD. When I was there, I explored downtown, went down by Hanes Mall and that general area, and explored right around the school. I also looked at apartments, since I am 100% going there in the Fall. Old Salem seems cool- I might check it out this time. And there are some other historical/quaint things to do. I would look at the W-S tourism website.

I'll be heading down this weekend for the March 2nd scholar day. My mom is driving down with me as well and planning on taking a look while I attend the other activities. I will only have a couple hours to look around after the day ends because I have to get right back on the road - but still looking forward to it even if it is a rushed visit!

Eastcoast77

New

Post by Eastcoast77 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm

In for the March 9th admitted scholar day

parebare23

Bronze

Post by parebare23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Visited on Friday for the Scholars Day and was blown away by the treatment of all the faculty, staff, administration, and students. They really made it feel like it was a privilege for them to have you there. The campus was beautiful even though it was a bit rainy. Was surprised by how much I enjoyed the small class sizes. Overall, this visit definitely pushed Wake up to the top of my list.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bobby Kennedy

New

Post by Bobby Kennedy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi all! I was one of the student tour guides for Scholars Day last Friday. I'm just stopping by to see what people thought of Wake (as a former hardcore TLSer/lurker, I remember being hooked on getting "the scoop"). By the way, a lot has changed in the three years since I've last been on this site....

Parebare, I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit! I hope you were in my group (it was my first tour :)). Wake Forest has been fantastic and, if you choose to attend (which I hope you do!), I'm sure that you won't regret it.

For those of you coming to Scholar's Day this Friday, I will again be giving tours and will be on the "student panel" following lunch. If you want to make sure you meet me in person, just ask Alayna to direct you to her trivia partner. I am in no way connected to admissions, so feel free to fire away any questions you might have - I'll tell you anything you want to know.

EMH99

New

Post by EMH99 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 pm

I've been trying to get out to for one of the Accepted Students or Scholars Days, but my schedule (& finances) aren't cooperating. Does anyone know if the Admin Office would be willing to offer the discounted seat deposit if you make a visit on another day?

Bobby Kennedy

New

Post by Bobby Kennedy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 pm

I was a waitlist student, so I didn't even know that was even a thing. The admissions people are friendly, so I say it wouldn't hurt to ask.... Also,
Protip: Ask to sit in on one of Wilson Parker's Con Law classes. If nothing else, you'll be entertained.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”