Is it weird to have your parents at ASD with you? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
imbored25

Bronze

Re: Is it weird to have your parents at ASD with you?

Post by imbored25 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Dany wrote:
imbored25 wrote:its fine, especially if your in the south, we care about family
But not grammar, apparently.
no not at all

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:27 am

ASD's are weird. Your parents will be there soon enough.

Listen, I get the whole want their advice thing, but in choosing ls your opinion should be based on some facts... there's really aren't.

I put my parents addy down on LSAC (since I'll be moving out of this apt soon) and I get texts from my dad all the time such as
"Hey, you got a pamphlet from (Insert TTTT school) it states they are number 4 in Space Law according to (Crazy ranking), have you ever considered them?"
He's trying to help, but he really knows nothing about law schools / his advice on choosing one is kind of pointless.

Now I'm going apartment hunting soon, and I REALLY want my dad to come because he knows a lot more on that subject than me.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:49 pm

yes.

PaoloMatteo

New

Post by PaoloMatteo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Depends on how confident you are in your ability to deal with what ASD entails. If you don't know shit from shinola, there might be some value in having them there. But I always viewed it as a sign of weakness when one had their parents with them to ASD.

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 pm

I brought my fam y'all...
model un posse + student newspaper chillas. Word

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm

It's not weird. Having a +1 at ASD is fine (example: spouse). Some parents are paying tuition. They want to see what they are buying. Some kids are moving across the country, and their parents want to see where they are going.

(edited because I just cant seem to get the hang of elementary school grammer)
Last edited by Nova on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 pm

manofjustice wrote:yes.
Very relevant thread necro.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes. How insightful.

edit: Sorry, just teasing. :P
Last edited by Nova on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Nova wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes. How insightful.
now now, be nice. only relevant commentary please...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:08 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:ASD's are weird. Your parents will be there soon enough.

Listen, I get the whole want their advice thing, but in choosing ls your opinion should be based on some facts... there's really aren't.

I put my parents addy down on LSAC (since I'll be moving out of this apt soon) and I get texts from my dad all the time such as
"Hey, you got a pamphlet from (Insert TTTT school) it states they are number 4 in Space Law according to (Crazy ranking), have you ever considered them?"
He's trying to help, but he really knows nothing about law schools / his advice on choosing one is kind of pointless.

Now I'm going apartment hunting soon, and I REALLY want my dad to come because he knows a lot more on that subject than me.

That made me LOL. My mom does the same thing. Apparently there's a pile of TTTT stuff waiting for me back home.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 pm

suzige wrote:

That made me LOL. My mom does the same thing. Apparently there's a pile of TTTT stuff waiting for me back home.
Back when I was looking at schools my Dad saw the space law thing and went...

"Spacelaw...WTF is that?" :lol:

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:
suzige wrote:

Back when I was looking at schools my Dad saw the space law thing and went...

"Spacelaw...WTF is that?" :lol:
I didn't know that existed...but apparently there's a Wikipedia page. It must be real.

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:06 am

Space law? Are you sure that isn't something cooley made up?

And to the point of the thread I don't plan to bring my parents and Im defiantly older than probably most of the applicants for law school but if they really wanted to go I wouldn't say no. I would try to just keep it to my dad though. (My mom is def a helicopter mom although she means well)

He paid for my school,car, place to live and bought me like a $2000 laptop for school,paid off my credit card and helped me pay for my wedding. If he wants to go, he can go. But he wouldn't ask.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm

The number one google result for law school spacelaw rankings is Princeton Law School. PYHS.

Last year the Hastings Science & Technology Law Journal also weighed in on space law. The future is now!

To tie this into the thread topic, I think that if your dad is an astronaut, it would be appropriate for you to bring him to speak with your potential Space Law professors. With an astronaut dad, you may be viewed as having greater "ties" to space, which would make Space Law more of a viable field for you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”