Berkeley ASW 2012 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
EvelynS

Bronze

Re: Berkeley ASW 2012

Post by EvelynS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

agalang wrote:
EvelynS wrote:
Genki wrote:I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm currently trying to decide between NYU and Berkeley and ASW will be a large factor in my decision.
Its pretty easy to get around using the BART system, just be aware that there can be fairly long waits between trains at certain times of day (and they don't run 24/7 either).
NYC does not usually have this issues (unless there is a snow day or a heavy rain) :)

How long does it take to get to SF and from SF to the airport? I was thinking to walk around a bit before my flight back.
Berkeley to SF is about 15-20 minutes depending on where you want to go. Berkeley's about a 5 minute drive (sometimes less) to the Bay Bridge and once you cross you're in the city by the bay! SF to the airport is about 15-20 minutes I'd say. SFO is in south san francisco; your trip would go something like this: Berkeley --> Cross Bay Bridge --> Arrive in SF/Downtown -->Pass through Daly City/Pacifica --> Arrive in South City/SFO :D
Thanks!

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:08 am

I'm already in town and took a look around yesterday. Looking forward to seeing the rest of you on Friday!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am

EvelynS wrote:
agalang wrote:
EvelynS wrote:
Genki wrote:I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm currently trying to decide between NYU and Berkeley and ASW will be a large factor in my decision.
Its pretty easy to get around using the BART system, just be aware that there can be fairly long waits between trains at certain times of day (and they don't run 24/7 either).
NYC does not usually have this issues (unless there is a snow day or a heavy rain) :)

How long does it take to get to SF and from SF to the airport? I was thinking to walk around a bit before my flight back.
Berkeley to SF is about 15-20 minutes depending on where you want to go. Berkeley's about a 5 minute drive (sometimes less) to the Bay Bridge and once you cross you're in the city by the bay! SF to the airport is about 15-20 minutes I'd say. SFO is in south san francisco; your trip would go something like this: Berkeley --> Cross Bay Bridge --> Arrive in SF/Downtown -->Pass through Daly City/Pacifica --> Arrive in South City/SFO :D
Thanks!
The airport is about a full 40 mins or so from Berkeley/Oakland. And it's not in the city itself. Like the previous poster said, it's out in the Millbrae area, past South San Francisco. You have to hop on the 101 to get there from the city, and at certain times of the day, the traffic can be pretty heavy. I wouldn't suggest hanging out in the city before your flight unless you have a LOT of time to kill. It's not really close enough to the airport to hang out and then just catch your flight.

Congrats on being admitted and enjoy ASW!

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 am

Someone fill me in on what I missed on Friday!

utopian_grrl

New

Post by utopian_grrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

mushybrain wrote:Someone fill me in on what I missed on Friday!
Never thought I'd say this - but Berkeley REALLY needs to take pointers from UCLA and restructure their ASW...(ie: more organization, SIGNS, a master of ceremonies for the events).

the mock class teacher was excellent though...food was good...people said the bar review was fun...besides that - boring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks! I'm not too disappointed I missed it then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”