After acceptance - Best Pitch/Info

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
likemike

After acceptance - Best Pitch/Info

Postby likemike » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 pm

What schools make the best sales pitches after you've been admitted?

I've been pretty impressed with NYU. Others have been fairly underwhelming. Really, this is all inconsequential - it's the school that matters- but just interested and welcome the distraction.

crumpetsandtea

Re: After acceptance - Best Pitch/Info

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Dean Lee (Northwestern) congratulated me personally on my G+ page (I was friends with him already, it wasn't like he stalked me down). :mrgreen:

apeopleshistory

Postby apeopleshistory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poe

Postby poe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I loved the NYU pizza box.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:57 pm

I actually really liked Georgetown's wedding invitation. It wasn't some big gaudy thing, but it just looked right.

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

U of Richmond sends at least a couple different mailings every week, a postcard or a pamphlet on this that and the other program they offer. The nicest touches (besides the admit phone call from the Dean) are the hand-signed letters from the student bar assn and the head of the alumni assn. I'm one of those old-fashioned schmucks that enjoys the hand-signed letter.

LawStudent89

Postby LawStudent89 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:06 pm

milljp02 wrote:U of Richmond sends at least a couple different mailings every week, a postcard or a pamphlet on this that and the other program they offer. The nicest touches (besides the admit phone call from the Dean) are the hand-signed letters from the student bar assn and the head of the alumni assn. I'm one of those old-fashioned schmucks that enjoys the hand-signed letter.

Haha. I've gotten all of these mailings and still have not heard if I am admitted yet. That would be the nicest touch.

hdivschool

Postby hdivschool » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:45 pm

From Stanford, I received a phone call from an alum, another phone call from a current student, and a t-shirt with the acceptance package.
From Harvard, I received an e-mail from a current student and a signed book from a professor.

Ofta3184

Postby Ofta3184 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 pm

hdivschool wrote:From Stanford, I received a phone call from an alum, another phone call from a current student, and a t-shirt with the acceptance package.
From Harvard, I received an e-mail from a current student and a signed book from a professor.

obviously better school is obvious

fltanglab

Postby fltanglab » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 am

UIUC has done an amazing job with regular emails and today the flash drive surprise. It definitely keeps me thinking about them more frequently than I do other schools.

abstract

Postby abstract » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 am

Nobody wrote:I actually really liked Georgetown's wedding invitation. It wasn't some big gaudy thing, but it just looked right.

+1. Haha. I just sang the praises of the wedding invitation in another forum. Pinned to my refrigerator, it continues to fill me with glee.

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:08 am

Penn sent me a folder that probably weighs more than my laptop :)

westinghouse60

Postby westinghouse60 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:54 pm

The Vandy black box was nice, haven't seen Cornell's book yet though. Alabama sent me a T-shirt+big folder of info. As far as information goes, I really love the guide to the law school/town written by the students (gotten one of these from both Vandy and Alabama). The admissions stuff from most schools gets really repetitive (e.g. every law schools sends you pamphlets about employment stuff/clinics/course offerings etc that all blend together), so its a nice break in perspective, gives you a better idea of what the school is like IMO.

Katilicus

Postby Katilicus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Cincinnati sent me a personal note talking about my accomplishments in my major, hand written by the Assistant Dean. Made it very nice because the additional letter was a full page (but rambled on about two professors he wanted me to say hi to). That was the only thing so far that has actually impressed me at all.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”