Summer visit pre-application question

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
leche

Summer visit pre-application question

Postby leche » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 pm

I went online to sign up for a campus visit and wasn't sure if I should bother checking the "visit goals" box for a meeting with an admissions director, considering I haven't even applied yet. I don't even know if a summer visit will be very beneficial, but the trip is mostly a way for me to know if I don't do well on my second retake in October that I can still be happy elsewhere.

Should I check the box? And if so, (and if I actually do get a meeting with an admissions director in early August) what should I expect from the meeting?

leche

Re: Summer visit pre-application question

Postby leche » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Alright, since 49 of you have read my question but no one answered ( :roll: ) I went ahead and got a meeting with a director. Now what? Someone told me I won't have to sell myself because they'll be too busy selling the school to me, since I haven't even applied yet. But should I bring a resume or anything?

ran12

Re: Summer visit pre-application question

Postby ran12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Just make sure you have some good questions that can't easily be answered from doing your own research. It could make them see how interested you are. However, it's likely that at most schools, they won't really care or even remember you once adcom reviews start. Some schools like W&L are different in that they actually do seem to put weight on a visit so make sure you know what the school's rep for this type of thing is or else you're just wasting a ton of money visiting schools.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”