Chicago ASW thoughts

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
padthai

Re: Chicago ASW thoughts

Postby padthai » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Some of the admits were really segregated and kept to themselves, but there were also lots of great, friendly admits!! just gotta find the right ones. Lots of nice current students too.

Mm chicken salad...guess i chose the right lunchbox.

Does anyone know how to go about getting reimbursement for transportation? I want my $200 back!

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:03 pm

padthai wrote:Some of the admits were really segregated and kept to themselves, but there were also lots of great, friendly admits!! just gotta find the right ones. Lots of nice current students too.

Mm chicken salad...guess i chose the right lunchbox.

Does anyone know how to go about getting reimbursement for transportation? I want my $200 back!

There was a form at ASW. I'd email class14@law.uchicago.edu and ask them how you can get reimbursed.

hiddenfist

Postby hiddenfist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?

GinaTheresa

Postby GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

hiddenfist wrote:Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?

Yes - me!! but waiting on NYU - not Columbia. Was anyone able to get an extension on their scholarship offer by any chance?

deathviaboredom

Postby deathviaboredom » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

GinaTheresa wrote:
hiddenfist wrote:Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?

Yes - me!! but waiting on NYU - not Columbia. Was anyone able to get an extension on their scholarship offer by any chance?

tried and failed

GinaTheresa

Postby GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Shit! Doesn't look good for me then either . . .

deathviaboredom wrote:
GinaTheresa wrote:

tried and failed

hiddenfist

Postby hiddenfist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

GinaTheresa wrote:Shit! Doesn't look good for me then either . . .

deathviaboredom wrote:
GinaTheresa wrote:

tried and failed

I'm gonna ask for an extension -- what did peoples rejections say?

Have you called NYU? They were super helpful.

GinaTheresa

Postby GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Not yet - I'll call them tomorrow (in last minute desperation). This is like the most frantic week ever. Getting accepted to top schools was only the beginning - now it's all about the financial aid offers - who loves me more??? :)

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”