Chicago ASW thoughts Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
padthai

Bronze

Re: Chicago ASW thoughts

Post by padthai » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Some of the admits were really segregated and kept to themselves, but there were also lots of great, friendly admits!! just gotta find the right ones. Lots of nice current students too.

Mm chicken salad...guess i chose the right lunchbox.

Does anyone know how to go about getting reimbursement for transportation? I want my $200 back!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:03 pm

padthai wrote:Some of the admits were really segregated and kept to themselves, but there were also lots of great, friendly admits!! just gotta find the right ones. Lots of nice current students too.

Mm chicken salad...guess i chose the right lunchbox.

Does anyone know how to go about getting reimbursement for transportation? I want my $200 back!
There was a form at ASW. I'd email class14@law.uchicago.edu and ask them how you can get reimbursed.

hiddenfist

New

Post by hiddenfist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?

GinaTheresa

New

Post by GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

hiddenfist wrote:Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?
Yes - me!! but waiting on NYU - not Columbia. Was anyone able to get an extension on their scholarship offer by any chance?

deathviaboredom

Bronze

Post by deathviaboredom » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

GinaTheresa wrote:
hiddenfist wrote:Anyone else looking at the deadline Friday without finaid information from Columbia?
Yes - me!! but waiting on NYU - not Columbia. Was anyone able to get an extension on their scholarship offer by any chance?
tried and failed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GinaTheresa

New

Post by GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Shit! Doesn't look good for me then either . . .
deathviaboredom wrote:
GinaTheresa wrote:
tried and failed

hiddenfist

New

Post by hiddenfist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

GinaTheresa wrote:Shit! Doesn't look good for me then either . . .
deathviaboredom wrote:
GinaTheresa wrote:
tried and failed
I'm gonna ask for an extension -- what did peoples rejections say?

Have you called NYU? They were super helpful.

GinaTheresa

New

Post by GinaTheresa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Not yet - I'll call them tomorrow (in last minute desperation). This is like the most frantic week ever. Getting accepted to top schools was only the beginning - now it's all about the financial aid offers - who loves me more??? :)

NotPanicking

New

Post by NotPanicking » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 am

GinaTheresa wrote:Not yet - I'll call them tomorrow (in last minute desperation). This is like the most frantic week ever. Getting accepted to top schools was only the beginning - now it's all about the financial aid offers - who loves me more??? :)
Yeah if anyone is actually successful at negotiating an extension on the Ruby, please let us know here? I feel like I'm being squeezed by this deadline, trying to figure out my financial situation with like half the info I would actually need to come to a responsible decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IndyHCKM

New

Post by IndyHCKM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Well whatever worked 6 years ago may not work now.

For what it's worth, they would not provide me an extension even though they offered the Ruby to me late in the game, gave me a short fuse, and I pushed hard for the extension (I was waiting for counteroffers).

Almost three years out, it's nice having basically no debt.

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm

IndyHCKM wrote:Well whatever worked 6 years ago may not work now.

For what it's worth, they would not provide me an extension even though they offered the Ruby to me late in the game, gave me a short fuse, and I pushed hard for the extension (I was waiting for counteroffers).

h8 u so much as someone with that hilarious slap in the face 15k scholarship grant... still, i will very likely attend

but more congratulations than anything else :D

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Sat May 06, 2017 12:29 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
IndyHCKM wrote:Well whatever worked 6 years ago may not work now.

h8 u so much as someone with that hilarious slap in the face 15k scholarship grant... still, i will very likely attend

but more congratulations than anything else :D
You and I lawlzschool, with that generous $15K scholarship and attending. May God have mercy on us my friend. :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”