Post-visit thank you note

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
ajtdq

Post-visit thank you note

Postby ajtdq » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:22 am

Hey, everyone.

So I visited a law school that I haven't been admitted to but have been under review at FOREVER! I just wanted your quick input on the thank you notes I'm sending. Here's the relevant info:

1. (Here's where it gets tricky) I spoke with a few admissions staff but did not meet the Dean of Admissions or adcomm. Just staff. In the thank you letter to them (because they were actually very helpful), should I just address it to the admissions staff or also include "adcomm" or something to that extent?

Thanks in advance! :)

Skyhook

Re: Post-visit thank you note

Postby Skyhook » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 am

ajtdq wrote:Hey, everyone.

So I visited a law school that I haven't been admitted to but have been under review at FOREVER! I just wanted your quick input on the thank you notes I'm sending. Here's the relevant info:

1. (Here's where it gets tricky) I spoke with a few admissions staff but did not meet the Dean of Admissions or adcomm. Just staff. In the thank you letter to them (because they were actually very helpful), should I just address it to the admissions staff or also include "adcomm" or something to that extent?

I would write two thank you notes: one to the staff you met; one to the dean of admissions referring to the helpful staff and also how you are certain the school is right for you/you are the choice for them.

Good luck!

ajtdq

Postby ajtdq » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:29 am

Skyhook wrote:
ajtdq wrote:Hey, everyone.

I would write two thank you notes: one to the staff you met; one to the dean of admissions referring to the helpful staff and also how you are certain the school is right for you/you are the choice for them.

Good luck!

That's great advice! Thanks! :)

philswfc2008

Postby philswfc2008 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:52 am

I agree - that's a great idea!

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”