Loyola LA - ASD - April 15

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
crossingforHYS

Re: Loyola LA - ASD - April 15

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 am

DeLaOhLaLa wrote:I'll be at both events as well! :) anyone planning on bringing a guest with them to the scholarship reception?

ill be at both....are we allowed to bring a guest?

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 am

You can bring a guest to the scholarship reception if you want, but have to email admissions first. I don't know about ASD though.

tlc

Postby tlc » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 am

Yeah, you can bring guests to ASD. When calling into the girl at the office to ask if it was alright to bring a guest to the Student Host Day, she said that ASD would be the appropriate time to bring guests.

Postby 071816 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:50 am

Last edited by 071816 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey,

how was the preview day???? I went to the reception and loved it --a bit too much. I decided that it was better to pretend preview day was not happening since Loyola made me question my reasons to go to vandy.

So yes, overall I loved it!!!

- Crossing

P.S. heard stories about your mock class ;)

Postby 071816 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Last edited by 071816 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:47 pm

chimp wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:Hey,

how was the preview day???? I went to the reception and loved it --a bit too much. I decided that it was better to pretend preview day was not happening since Loyola made me question my reasons to go to vandy.

So yes, overall I loved it!!!

- Crossing

P.S. heard stories about your mock class ;)

It was great! I really enjoyed it. The people were really cool and the food was amazing. I had Professor Seto's property class (there were 2 mock classes and it was split up by last name) and I thought it was really interesting. I am set on Loyola now unless I get off the USC or Michigan waitlists. Anything specific you want to know?

I really enjoyed it, too. Met some awesome people, ate an awesome grilled cheese sandwich, and got some good information from the different panels. And the mock class was pretty awesome! I was in the other one, with Levenson, and she was wild! Seems like a great professor. I even got called on... haha. The whole thing made me really excited for school to start, and really glad that I am going to Loyola.

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:21 pm

haha, were you one of the guys in the striped shirt? Levenson seemed to have a thing for striped shirts...

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 pm

gothamm wrote:haha, were you one of the guys in the striped shirt? Levenson seemed to have a thing for striped shirts...

haha no, but I know who you're talking about! He was in my row I think. At least one of the striped shirt people. I only had to utter two words to answer her question luckily. Not bad at all. So I guess I didn't meet you there! Too bad, I was hoping we'd run into each other there. But I really liked the preview day. Did it make you excited for school to start?!

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Preview day was awesome. Loved it. from my impression we have a very cool, sociable and intelligent student body. I was sad about getting waitlisted at pepperdine but not anymore. I was hoping to bump into you too, but kind of impossible. If you want we can meet up sometime and grab a few drinks :) I am 95% going to be at loyola, and i know i'll be very happy there. FYI i was setting next to the gunner chick who was the very first one to volunteer for levenson. She's actually pretty cool and i found out we went to school together

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 pm

I agree about everything you said about Loyola. I'm glad I EDed there. I would most definitely be down for drinks sometime. :) That's funny you went to school with that gunner girl. She actually is cool, and not as bad as she came across by volunteering like that haha. I met her the night before at the scholarship reception, and she was a perfectly normal, cool girl haha. Unfortunately I think she came across a little negatively after talking to people after the mock class...

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Cool. Pm me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you my contact info.

tlc

Postby tlc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am

The gunner girl definitely gave off that negative vibe, but I'm sure she was just overly excited. Althiuggh, i saw LevensonToo bad I didn't end up going to the Scholarship Dinner or staying after the last student forum. I was burnt out that day.

Wish I could have run into some of the people from the forum. Any of you guys down to meet over the Spring/Summer?

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28 pm

jpb and i are planning a get together. you are more than welcome to join :)

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 am

gothamm wrote:jpb and i are planning a get together. you are more than welcome to join :)

Seconded. We should get a little TLS-Loyola meet up going.

tlc

Postby tlc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm

For sure. Just PM me when you guys are available, contact info, and all that other stuff.

BTW, since I didn't stay to eat the food from the trucks, how was it? Did most people stick around the campus or go to the club/lounge afterwards?

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

I had the grilled cheese truck (smoked gouda and turkey) and it was amazing. You should get it if you can. I didn't try anything else though.

No one that I met that day was going to the club/lounge mixer after the preview day, so I'm not sure how that went...

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Anyone thinking of going to the LLS-UCLA-LMU Meet & Greet Reception on May 21st? Did anyone else get that email?

fatedreality

Postby fatedreality » Sat May 21, 2011 1:51 am

Judge Philip Banks wrote:Anyone thinking of going to the LLS-UCLA-LMU Meet & Greet Reception on May 21st? Did anyone else get that email?

Don't think I've posted in this thread yet but wanted to say hi everyone! And I'm going to stop by the reception tomorrow :) I'm still indecisive about Loyola and UC Davis at the moment but I'm hoping tomorrow's reception will get me really excited about Loyola.

Hope to see some of you there?!

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sun May 22, 2011 11:53 pm

fatedreality wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:Anyone thinking of going to the LLS-UCLA-LMU Meet & Greet Reception on May 21st? Did anyone else get that email?

Don't think I've posted in this thread yet but wanted to say hi everyone! And I'm going to stop by the reception tomorrow :) I'm still indecisive about Loyola and UC Davis at the moment but I'm hoping tomorrow's reception will get me really excited about Loyola.

Hope to see some of you there?!

I didn't end up going to the event yesterday - so how was it? Make you lean at all toward Loyola?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”