Loyola LA - ASD - April 15

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Judge Philip Banks

Loyola LA - ASD - April 15

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 am

So who else is going on Friday April 15? :D

There are some discussions going on in the other Loyola LA threads about this. Thought it would be a good idea to consolidate here if people want to discuss ASD and ASD-related stuff.

balls

Re: Loyola LA - ASD - April 15

Postby balls » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 am

i suspect that ASD might draw out and become boring, at which time we should drink and play basketball. in that order, or the other way around.

tlc

Postby tlc » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Fo sho. Even though LLS doesn't have an on-campus gym, I'm cool with the basketball court. I went to a Student Host event on a Friday, and around 4:00 pm, after 1L classes, they had a good 5v5 going. Hopefully, if that's a consistent thing, it will help to get the blood moving so that I can study the rest of the week! Hah!

BTW, after reading that flyer that they sent me, it sounds like a lot of ASD is going to be a repeat of the Student Host event. Is that the same impression you guys get?

jesss

Postby jesss » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

i'll be seeing you guys there.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 am

tlc wrote:BTW, after reading that flyer that they sent me, it sounds like a lot of ASD is going to be a repeat of the Student Host event. Is that the same impression you guys get?

Kinda got that feeling also. I think they had better food trucks last year, too. :(

I was also looking forward to the scholarship reception the day before ASD. Sounds like the first "networking" event for us admits... Anyone else going to that?

I think these events will differ from the student host program in that (I am guessing) more of the people going to ASD than who went to student host programs are seriously considering LLS or are for sure going to LLS. I could be way off base on that one, though...

EricaIsabel

Postby EricaIsabel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 am

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
tlc wrote:
I was also looking forward to the scholarship reception the day before ASD. Sounds like the first "networking" event for us admits... Anyone else going to that?

i plan on going, I called today and she said they mailed out packets of information for the event on friday. :)

jesss

Postby jesss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm

i'll be there too. anyone planning on bringing a guest with them? I was going to just to the Thurs reception but now i'm reconsidering...

*edit: I quoted the wrong person, sorry jpb!

balls

Postby balls » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm

tlc wrote:I went to a Student Host event on a Friday, and around 4:00 pm, after 1L classes, they had a good 5v5 going.

this is fantastic news!

tlc

Postby tlc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

jesss wrote:

i'll be there too. anyone planning on bringing a guest with them? I was going to just to the Thurs reception but now i'm reconsidering...

I was considering going to the scholarship dinner, but I'm not sure if my schedule is going to permit me to go. Why do you say that it seems like a "networking event?" I didn't really get that impression from the flyer, but I just took a 2 second glance so I might not have gotten the right context.

When I got that ASD letter, my parents asked if they could come with me because they wanted to check out the campus and program. So, if I'm the only fool that brings his parents, so be it! Haha

balls wrote:
tlc wrote:I went to a Student Host event on a Friday, and around 4:00 pm, after 1L classes, they had a good 5v5 going.

this is fantastic news!

Yeah, and I heard that they have some kind of team competitions on the courts there too. Hopefully, games like that Friday are a regular event.

balls

Postby balls » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:38 am

tlc wrote:
jesss wrote:

I was considering going to the scholarship dinner, but I'm not sure if my schedule is going to permit me to go. Why do you say that it seems like a "networking event?" I didn't really get that impression from the flyer, but I just took a 2 second glance so I might not have gotten the right context.

When I got that ASD letter, my parents asked if they could come with me because they wanted to check out the campus and program. So, if I'm the only fool that brings his parents, so be it! Haha

balls wrote:

this is fantastic news!

Yeah, and I heard that they have some kind of team competitions on the courts there too. Hopefully, games like that Friday are a regular event.

balls

Postby balls » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:45 am

tlc wrote:
jesss wrote:

balls wrote:

this is fantastic news!

its for sure a networking event. real talk.

there nothing to do but network. you can see the facilities and get a feel for the school if youre considering it but if youre definitely going, i mean, you dont have class or anything. you meet students and professors and eat some food.

the more important question is WHO WANTS TO PLAY BBALL?? seriously, ill be there, shooting baskets. scholly day and asd will get boring. ditch and come play, my names marc.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 pm

I think the scholarship reception is a networking event of sorts because you will be mingling with deans, professors, alums, and other fellow 0Ls. Can't get much more "networking" than that, I suppose.

And Balls, the scholarship reception isn't even at the LLS campus, so no hope for hoops there. :( And as for ASD, I wouldn't be surprised if the basketball court is taken up by seats for some ASD event or the food trucks haha. So that would suck... I wonder if the court was free for last year's...

balls

Postby balls » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:I think the scholarship reception is a networking event of sorts because you will be mingling with deans, professors, alums, and other fellow 0Ls. Can't get much more "networking" than that, I suppose.

And Balls, the scholarship reception isn't even at the LLS campus, so no hope for hoops there. :( And as for ASD, I wouldn't be surprised if the basketball court is taken up by seats for some ASD event or the food trucks haha. So that would suck... I wonder if the court was free for last year's...

well then. thats a really good point, haha, i guess theres a good chance the courts wont even be available. that would suck :(

heres hopin :D

Postby 071816 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Last edited by 071816 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:22 pm

balls wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:I think the scholarship reception is a networking event of sorts because you will be mingling with deans, professors, alums, and other fellow 0Ls. Can't get much more "networking" than that, I suppose.

well then. thats a really good point, haha, i guess theres a good chance the courts wont even be available. that would suck :(

heres hopin :D

Yeah, I hope they are free. Who knows though? Sorry to be a pessimist haha.

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 am

Last edited by 071816 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

IamKristieHi

Postby IamKristieHi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 am

chimp wrote:I'll be at both events.

+1 :)

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am

chimp wrote:What you guys wearing to this shindig?

I'll be coming from work, so for Friday I might be in business casual... But, depending on what other people say they'll wear, I might bring a change of clothes to be more casual. Like jeans and a shirt, I guess. For Thursday, I'm just going to keep my business casual attire.

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Last edited by 071816 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IamKristieHi

Postby IamKristieHi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm going a little more formal for the scholarship reception (no jeans, nice blouse), but as for the actual ASD, I'd say wear whatever you want. It shouldn't differ much from the Student Host Days, and people were dressed casually for those.

balls

Postby balls » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm

im gonna be in shorts and sandals and a tshirt if the weathers nice. i was legitimately freaked out at how students dressed when i visited the campus the first time.

only gonna be at asd though.

bobthebuilder

Postby bobthebuilder » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 pm

I'll be at both see you guys there...

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 pm

balls wrote:im gonna be in shorts and sandals and a tshirt if the weathers nice. i was legitimately freaked out at how students dressed when i visited the campus the first time.

only gonna be at asd though.

yeah, some people went all out and dressed up for visits and what not. I think shorts and sandals are fine for ASD if the weather is nice. I don't think it is going to be too formal of an event. I think I'll end up bringing jeans and a shirt to change into after work. But I don't think business casual would be overboard, either. There will probably be a good mix of attire, if I had to try to predict the future.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:I'll be at both see you guys there...

See you there, Bob the Builder.

You need an avatar. Google image search for bob the builder is a goldmine of awesome pics.

DeLaOhLaLa

Postby DeLaOhLaLa » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 pm

I'll be at both events as well! :) anyone planning on bringing a guest with them to the scholarship reception?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”