Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
crossingforHYS

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:31 pm

well lets figure out who is staying where and then find a way to meet during ASP....I am coming in on Thursday and staying with a host. Anyone familiar with Vandy and know a good place to gather?

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm hoping to stay with my sister on Thursday night, a host on Friday, and then I'm staying until Sunday afternoon. I'm thinking I might live the high life and stay at the Comfort Suites or something.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 pm

I filled out the RSVP form yesterday and it said they're out of hosts, so it looks like I might be staying at the whatever center both nights. Oh well, it's cheap and looks nice enough. Myabe I'll get lucky and they'll find a host for me anyway.

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

akili wrote:I'm hoping to stay with my sister on Thursday night, a host on Friday, and then I'm staying until Sunday afternoon. I'm thinking I might live the high life and stay at the Comfort Suites or something.

+1 for Comfort Suites lol

I'm flying in Thursday night and leaving earllyyyyyy Saturday morning....ready for a night of drinking on Friday though. 8)

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:20 pm

TheFactor wrote:
akili wrote:I'm hoping to stay with my sister on Thursday night, a host on Friday, and then I'm staying until Sunday afternoon. I'm thinking I might live the high life and stay at the Comfort Suites or something.

I'm flying in Thursday night and leaving earllyyyyyy Saturday morning....ready for a night of drinking on Friday though. 8)

Yes please!

Oh shoot, if they are out of hosts, then I'm not sure what I'll do. I guess Scarritt Bennett? I feel like I'll be out of the loop though :/

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I'll be there Thursday-Sunday in April so I'm up for drinking Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, I vote for akili to bring her dog to ASW. :D

jcw0003

Postby jcw0003 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:29 pm

akili wrote:
TheFactor wrote:

Are we talking April or March ASD? Just trying to figure out if I should be getting excited here.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Magnolia wrote:I'll be there Thursday-Sunday in April so I'm up for drinking Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, I vote for akili to bring her dog to ASW. :D

Haha, I honestly thought about it. It's only like 12 hours to drive to Nashville ... and he's SO cute. And boarding costs hella much! Alas, I'm flying in!

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm

TheFactor wrote:

I'm also leaving Saturday morning so I can make it to LA in time to spend a Saturday night in LA 8)

I applied to stay with a student host both nights but I haven't found out with who yet or if I actually got one. I hope I do get one, I think it'll be fun and much less hassle.

Bildungsroman wrote:I filled out the RSVP form yesterday and it said they're out of hosts, so it looks like I might be staying at the whatever center both nights. Oh well, it's cheap and looks nice enough. Myabe I'll get lucky and they'll find a host for me anyway.

I assume this means I did get the student host? Anyone know when we find out?

I think we should try and coordinate some rides, too. I don't think it will be necessary to have 234583 taxis and car rentals. Anyone agree?

Because this ASW is going to be awesome, it probably will swing my decision their way haha

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 pm

jcw0003 wrote:
akili wrote:
TheFactor wrote:

Are we talking April or March ASD? Just trying to figure out if I should be getting excited here.

April baby! Be there!

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Just in case someone missed this in the Vandy thread:

I'll be around both weekends, but probably not at most of the ASD events. Def. will try to come hang out, though!

mitz1489

Postby mitz1489 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm staying at the comfort inn or something like that. Coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 pm

I'll come to whatever meetup, but if any of yall mention that you know me from TLS, I will be fucking pissed

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

rad law wrote:I'll come to whatever meetup, but if any of yall mention that you know me from TLS, I will be fucking pissed

:lol:

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:30 pm

rad law wrote:I'll come to whatever meetup, but if any of yall mention that you know me from TLS, I will be fucking pissed

"Where'd we meet?"

"Oh on TLS. Rad law told me to consider never going to law school ever. and to retake the LSAT"

bep244

Postby bep244 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Good to know other people will be there until Sunday. I was hoping that I wasnt the only one. I'm with a host Thurs/Fri but I'm definitely down to go out at night. I'm also in for a boot shopping trip, although I'm from Texas so I probably already own too many pairs as it is...

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:47 pm

bep244 wrote:

Good to know other people will be there until Sunday. I was hoping that I wasnt the only one. I'm with a host Thurs/Fri but I'm definitely down to go out at night. I'm also in for a boot shopping trip, although I'm from Texas so I probably already own too many pairs as it is...

I'm from Texas too! Maybe I'll wear my boots to ASW and that's how yall will know me.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 am

pereira6 wrote:
TheFactor wrote:

I'm also leaving Saturday morning so I can make it to LA in time to spend a Saturday night in LA 8)

I applied to stay with a student host both nights but I haven't found out with who yet or if I actually got one. I hope I do get one, I think it'll be fun and much less hassle.

Bildungsroman wrote:I filled out the RSVP form yesterday and it said they're out of hosts, so it looks like I might be staying at the whatever center both nights. Oh well, it's cheap and looks nice enough. Myabe I'll get lucky and they'll find a host for me anyway.

I assume this means I did get the student host? Anyone know when we find out?

I think we should try and coordinate some rides, too. I don't think it will be necessary to have 234583 taxis and car rentals. Anyone agree?

Because this ASW is going to be awesome, it probably will swing my decision their way haha

Irony, I am flying to LA too....but b/c its home :)

BunkMoreland

Postby BunkMoreland » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 am

Nobody actually wears cowboy boots in Nashville, except tourists, y'all :p

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 am

BunkMoreland wrote:Nobody actually wears cowboy boots in Nashville, except tourists, y'all :p

lol.. this is mostly true but the other day I did see a man wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, a sweet-ass full length duster and.. yes.. he was rocking a mullet.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

BunkMoreland wrote:Nobody actually wears cowboy boots in Nashville, except tourists, y'all :p

You kidding me bro? Tons of fratstars wear cowboy boots.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:25 pm

quick question....the first seat deposit is 750 and due may 1st right? and then there is no second one?

I just want to make sure I got it right...

drylo

Postby drylo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

rad law wrote:

You kidding me bro? Tons of fratstars wear cowboy boots.

Yeah--I'm not a fratstar, but I wear them... not every day or anything, but not infrequently.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 pm

As a proud Coloradoan, I have earned the right to wear cowboy boots without it being touristy.

akili

Postby akili » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

As a proud Coloradoan, I have earned the right to wear cowboy boots without it being touristy.

I'm a Texan and we LOVE our cowboy boots.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”