Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby ATR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

...
Last edited by ATR on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drylo
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby drylo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Emma1 wrote:Is the library on one level? It looked small to me when I went through it. Thoughts? I think you will enjoy your time at Vandy. I really did.


There are two main levels to the library, but there are a few other rooms/nooks on other levels (including Tarkington, which is actually pretty cool even though I never study there).

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby akili » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Where are y'all here? Its hard to find law students in a bar!

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Entchen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 am

4 am. Just woke up. Taxi in 45 minutes, train in 1.5 hours, flight at 7. Vanderbilt at 8. See y'all soon!

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby TheFactor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 am

Entchen wrote:4 am. Just woke up. Taxi in 45 minutes, train in 1.5 hours, flight at 7. Vanderbilt at 8. See y'all soon!

Damn I thought I had it rough waking up at 6 lol

User avatar
jenesaislaw
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby jenesaislaw » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:03 am

Talent show was fun! Hope you guys enjoyed it.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:36 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Talent show was fun! Hope you guys enjoyed it.

stayed for half of it...I liked it :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby akili » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:20 pm

That was an awesome ASD!

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13591
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Flips88 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Who is still here/staying at scarritt bennett?

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Flips88 wrote:Who is still here/staying at scarritt bennett?

i'm here until 3ish but not staying at bennet....

how did you like it?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Grizz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Who is still here/staying at scarritt bennett?

i'm here until 3ish but not staying at bennet....

how did you like it?


Check your PMs.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Grizz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 pm

rad law wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Who is still here/staying at scarritt bennett?

i'm here until 3ish but not staying at bennet....

how did you like it?


Check your PMs. CHECK YOU PM'S


FTFM

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Entchen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm going to the Blackstone Brewery for dinner/to watch the hockey national championship game in like an hour - anyone around and want to join me?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Dany » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Entchen wrote:I'm going to the Blackstone Brewery for dinner/to watch the hockey national championship game in like an hour - anyone around and want to join me?

Omg LOVE Blackstone!

Wish I was there. :(

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Entchen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Dany wrote:
Entchen wrote:I'm going to the Blackstone Brewery for dinner/to watch the hockey national championship game in like an hour - anyone around and want to join me?

Omg LOVE Blackstone!

Wish I was there. :(


WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Emma1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Please post thoughts about your experience. I went to the earlier one in March

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13591
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Flips88 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Entchen wrote:I'm going to the Blackstone Brewery for dinner/to watch the hockey national championship game in like an hour - anyone around and want to join me?

I'm going downtown to eat some barbecue. How long should that last?

Also I'll post thoughts when I'm home tomorrow night

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Entchen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Entchen wrote:I'm going to the Blackstone Brewery for dinner/to watch the hockey national championship game in like an hour - anyone around and want to join me?

I'm going downtown to eat some barbecue. How long should that last?

Also I'll post thoughts when I'm home tomorrow night


Probably ~2.5 hours, maybe a little longer if it doesn't get started right away.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby coug11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:40 pm

That was a great ASD! It was great to see a chill student body that didn't really compete with each other. What did everyone else think?

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 pm

I really enjoyed myself, but I still think I'm going to UT. The thing that hit me was that Dean Sager spent a total of about 15sec talking about Texas breaking into the T14 while Dean Guthrie gushed over Vandy's Princeton Review rankings.

UT is doubtlessly less glamorous, but I'm a believer in functionality as form. That being said, Nashville is a beautiful city and the people are very nice. For those who want to go to Vandy, I'm not going to try and talk anybody out of it, because it's a solid choice.

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby FlanAl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 pm

definitely super enjoyable. I was shown an extremely good time by some of the friendliest people I ever met. If TLS hadn't turned me into a crazy prestige whore I would definitely be there in the fall. Also, like most 0Ls, I really wanted to meet Rad but not sure if I did or not (was way to busy having fun to go on tls and pm)

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:58 pm

FlanAl wrote:definitely super enjoyable. I was shown an extremely good time by some of the friendliest people I ever met. If TLS hadn't turned me into a crazy prestige whore I would definitely be there in the fall. Also, like most 0Ls, I really wanted to meet Rad but not sure if I did or not (was way to busy having fun to go on tls and pm)


It's really interesting to hear you say that. If I was a prestige whore, I'd go to UMich. I'm just looking for a place where I'll enjoy my life for 3 years, not have a massive load of debt and be able to get a job, in no particular order.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby pleasetryagain » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 pm

lisjjen wrote:I really enjoyed myself, but I still think I'm going to UT. The thing that hit me was that Dean Sager spent a total of about 15sec talking about Texas breaking into the T14 while Dean Guthrie gushed over Vandy's Princeton Review rankings.

UT is doubtlessly less glamorous, but I'm a believer in functionality as form. That being said, Nashville is a beautiful city and the people are very nice. For those who want to go to Vandy, I'm not going to try and talk anybody out of it, because it's a solid choice.


#4 in employability bro

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:04 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I really enjoyed myself, but I still think I'm going to UT. The thing that hit me was that Dean Sager spent a total of about 15sec talking about Texas breaking into the T14 while Dean Guthrie gushed over Vandy's Princeton Review rankings.

UT is doubtlessly less glamorous, but I'm a believer in functionality as form. That being said, Nashville is a beautiful city and the people are very nice. For those who want to go to Vandy, I'm not going to try and talk anybody out of it, because it's a solid choice.


#4 in employability bro


Based off of surveys bro. All that means is that students at Vandy feel better about their job prospects than students at Harvard. I'll stick with numbers for the time being.

ETA: Vandy definitely has some great numbers. I'm not actually complaining about Vandy's employability. Just the Dean's love of Princeton Review.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13591
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Also, the Dean explicitly said "Don't choose a school for its ranking. Choose the school where you think you will have the best experience over your three years."




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spookyg_g_ghost and 2 guests