Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th) Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
pleasetryagain

Silver

Re: Visiting Vandy (April 8th and March 25th)

Post by pleasetryagain » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:09 pm

lisjjen wrote: Based off of surveys bro. All that means is that students at Vandy feel better about their job prospects than students at Harvard. I'll stick with numbers for the time being.

ETA: Vandy definitely has some great numbers. I'm not actually complaining about Vandy's employability. Just the Dean's love of Princeton Review.
I was being facetious.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:11 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:I was being facetious.
Oh.

I was being slow. :roll:

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:13 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
lisjjen wrote: Based off of surveys bro. All that means is that students at Vandy feel better about their job prospects than students at Harvard. I'll stick with numbers for the time being.

ETA: Vandy definitely has some great numbers. I'm not actually complaining about Vandy's employability. Just the Dean's love of Princeton Review.
I was being facetious.
Vandy ranks #1 in the Princeton Review survey of level of sarcasm on internet forum boards.

Was anyone else weirded out during the student panel when the students talked about Georgetown without talking about Georgetown? Like they refused to name it specifically, but just talked about "schools in DC with bigger classes"

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:16 pm

haha that and schools in "ithaca"? Almost all the students I talked to had to decide between lower t14 and vandy and I think they assume that we're in the same position. I really didn't mind their bashing at least it was more realistic than the gtown one telling us that gtown is better than harvard because it is in dc

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

I heard so much hatin' on Cornell, and I don't mind at all. You couldn't drag me to that cold shithole with a team of wild horses, especially when it costs $100k more than Vandy or UT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Flips88 wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:

I was being facetious.
Vandy ranks #1 in the Princeton Review survey of level of sarcasm on internet forum boards.

Was anyone else weirded out during the student panel when the students talked about Georgetown without talking about Georgetown? Like they refused to name it specifically, but just talked about "schools in DC with bigger classes"
They were probably directed to do so. I give tours of my UG, and we're not supposed to make fun of other schools by name.* So I wouldn't blame the students; it's probably the administration that told them not to. Just a guess.

*I still make fun of Auburn anyway.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

lisjjen wrote:I heard so much hatin' on Cornell, and I don't mind at all. You couldn't drag me to that cold shithole with a team of wild horses, especially when it costs $100k more than Vandy or UT.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I heard so much hatin' on Cornell, and I don't mind at all. You couldn't drag me to that cold shithole with a team of wild horses, especially when it costs $100k more than Vandy or UT.
Hey. I'm from Idaho. I know a thing or two about cold places in the middle of nowhere.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Flips88 wrote:Also, the Dean explicitly said "Don't choose a school for its ranking. Choose the school where you think you will have the best experience over your three years."
I chose option C, where I can get a job.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

FlanAl wrote:definitely super enjoyable. I was shown an extremely good time by some of the friendliest people I ever met. If TLS hadn't turned me into a crazy prestige whore I would definitely be there in the fall. Also, like most 0Ls, I really wanted to meet Rad but not sure if I did or not (was way to busy having fun to go on tls and pm)
If you have to ask, you didn't.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Interesting to hear comments here. I was at an earlier session but heard the same things even the references to Cornell and GULC by the student panel LOL. It was an enjoyable accepted students day though and I am still weighing my options. Who has decided what law school they are going to?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 pm

I'll be at Vandy!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:30 am

So to whom to we send receipts for flight/hotel/shuttle reimbursement?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

coug11

Bronze

Post by coug11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Flips88 wrote:So to whom to we send receipts for flight/hotel/shuttle reimbursement?
If you got pre-approval from Ryan Willard, then he should have told you where to send them. Otherwise, you should e-mail Ryan, but you'll probably only get $200 reimbursed.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm

coug11 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:So to whom to we send receipts for flight/hotel/shuttle reimbursement?
If you got pre-approval from Ryan Willard, then he should have told you where to send them. Otherwise, you should e-mail Ryan, but you'll probably only get $200 reimbursed.
Oh yeah, checked that email for the contact. Thanks.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm

what did you all think of the other admitted students? How did they compare to people at Georgetown, Penn, Texas, etc, events?

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 am

better looking, friendlier and basically far more pleasant than the georgetown day. can't speak for the other schools

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:15 am

FlanAl wrote:better looking, friendlier and basically far more pleasant than the georgetown day. can't speak for the other schools
I noticed that too re: admitted and attending students ...I wonder why that is

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:29 am

FlanAl wrote:better looking, friendlier and basically far more pleasant than the georgetown day. can't speak for the other schools
Yeah you definitely didn't meet me.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 am

haha
rad law wrote:
haha wish i had. I met a lot of people at the vandy who don't have profiles but have been on this site a few times before who were like "dood when do we meet radlaw". you're an internet celebrity

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 am

FlanAl wrote:haha
rad law wrote:
haha wish i had. I met a lot of people at the vandy who don't have profiles but have been on this site a few times before who were like "dood when do we meet radlaw". you're an internet celebrity
Probably more infamous, but I'd rather be hated than ignored.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cucullu

Bronze

Post by cucullu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 am

crossingforHYS wrote:
I noticed that too re: admitted and attending students ...I wonder why that is
self selection

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 am

rad law wrote:
I beg to differ

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:13 am

rad law wrote:
Were you in the class we sat in on? Other than that I wasn't paying too much attention

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm

I think my trip was the worst...drove down overnight, non-stop Thursday from NY. Showed up late with no sleep -- always nice to make a good impression (reasoning is a long long-story).

Who here is def. attending?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”