University of Arizona ASD April 16th

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
cjw2222

University of Arizona ASD April 16th

Postby cjw2222 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Have yet to hear of anyone planning to attend their admitted students day in April. Hope I won't be the only one in attendance from TLS. I'm in Tucson finishing up UG here so if anyone has any questions about where to stay, travel, etc fire way.

azkj

Re: University of Arizona ASD April 16th

Postby azkj » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Wish I could make it that weekend, but I'll probably have to visit on my own. Darn work schedule. :)

ColomboHeat

Postby ColomboHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

I'll be there :lol:

istara

Postby istara » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 am

I'm planning to go also.

cool of law

Postby cool of law » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 pm

azkj wrote:Wish I could make it that weekend, but I'll probably have to visit on my own. Darn work schedule. :)

+1

does anyone ITT plan on attending in the fall?

cjw2222

Postby cjw2222 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:25 am

cool of law wrote:
azkj wrote:Wish I could make it that weekend, but I'll probably have to visit on my own. Darn work schedule. :)

+1

does anyone ITT plan on attending in the fall?

Received larger than expected scholarship yesterday and my thoughts regarding attendance have changed dramatically. WIll likely be there this fall.

PatientCreation

Postby PatientCreation » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I recieved my acceptance and scholarship offer on Friday!

As of now, I plan to attend the April 15-16 preview day. I live in Iowa though, so any information you could provide me would be awesome (flights/hotels/areas to eat and drink/etc). Just PM me for all that if you get a chance.

Since you already live there, would you also be willing to PM me about the area in general? I grew up in Iowa and attended the University of Iowa. Plus I'm super-pale so AZ scares the hell out of me--literally... I'll probably burn the second I step off the plane. :|

istara

Postby istara » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

I think we should all go out drinking on 4th ave Friday night, but it is a bit of a drive from the Dean's place. If I knew anything about nice places to stay, I would contribute. There is a pretty nice bed and breakfast on University called Peppertrees Inn and Hotel Congress is always a trip, despite being pretty old and decrepit. I'm sure others will have better suggestions.

PatientCreation

Postby PatientCreation » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Nice isn't a factor... more like... cheap places to stay. Yeah that's about right.
As long as I won't get mugged or bitten by a rattle-snake, I'll consider the place "nice"
:)

mala2

Postby mala2 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 pm

PatientCreation wrote:Nice isn't a factor... more like... cheap places to stay. Yeah that's about right.
As long as I won't get mugged or bitten by a rattle-snake, I'll consider the place "nice"
:)

just sign up for couch surfing there are a lot of people who do that by the University

mala2

Postby mala2 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

PatientCreation wrote:I recieved my acceptance and scholarship offer on Friday!

As of now, I plan to attend the April 15-16 preview day. I live in Iowa though, so any information you could provide me would be awesome (flights/hotels/areas to eat and drink/etc). Just PM me for all that if you get a chance.

Since you already live there, would you also be willing to PM me about the area in general? I grew up in Iowa and attended the University of Iowa. Plus I'm super-pale so AZ scares the hell out of me--literally... I'll probably burn the second I step off the plane. :|

do you mind saying how much your scholarship is and what your numbers are?

PatientCreation

Postby PatientCreation » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:13 pm

mala2 wrote:

Sure. 166/3.3 as an OOS non-URM. I was offered 16k/yr no stipulation.

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 am

PatientCreation wrote:
mala2 wrote:

Almost same exact numbers as above (166/3.22) and same exact scholly but I am in-state.

I live in Phoenix, U of A has been my top choice since I started this process and I haven't even made it down to visit yet. I plan on attending the April 16th ASD. I grew up in Tucson so I don't think I'm gonna need to hotel it, somebody will be letting me crash on their couch. Also I'd be down for a TLS meet up.

mala2

Postby mala2 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 am

sab0tage wrote:
PatientCreation wrote:
mala2 wrote:

Almost same exact numbers as above (166/3.22) and same exact scholly but I am in-state.

I live in Phoenix, U of A has been my top choice since I started this process and I haven't even made it down to visit yet. I plan on attending the April 16th ASD. I grew up in Tucson so I don't think I'm gonna need to hotel it, somebody will be letting me crash on their couch. Also I'd be down for a TLS meet up.

did you get 16k a year with those numbers?

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Mala - yes 16k/yr on in-state tuition.

ColomboHeat

Postby ColomboHeat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 pm

sab0tage & others living Phoenix:

will anyone be attending the PHX reception this Thursday downtown?

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Unfortunately I can't make it, I am gonna be on a plane to Indiana for IUB's ASW.
It sucks because I really wanted to go, I am at that law firm all the time, I serve papers for multiple attorney's who work there. Thought it would be cool to show up in a different capacity, other than that of process server/court lackey.

azkj

Postby azkj » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 pm

ColomboHeat wrote:sab0tage & others living Phoenix:

will anyone be attending the PHX reception this Thursday downtown?

I'll be there.

mala2

Postby mala2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 am

sab0tage wrote:Mala - yes 16k/yr on in-state tuition.

thanks, I have similar numbers

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 am

mala2 wrote:

but probably a considerably lower level of general awesomeness.

jk

mala2

Postby mala2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 pm

sab0tage wrote:
mala2 wrote:

jk

haha quite possibly since they gave me less than that, and I thought I had pretty good softs, might ask for more, might just go to ASU

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

mala2 wrote:
sab0tage wrote:
mala2 wrote:

jk

haha quite possibly since they gave me less than that, and I thought I had pretty good softs, might ask for more, might just go to ASU

so you have gotten an acceptance from ASU? were you a EA app? or a RD app?

ASU is taking their sweet time, not sure if I am going to hear from them by the time some decisions have to be made.

david787

Postby david787 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21 pm

I'll be there, I vote for a drinking adventure after dinner at the dean's house.

I'm going to fly to PHX and rental car it down to campus. If anyone is also coming in from out of state and flying to PHX, I land at noon on the 15th, PM me next week (I can't 100% commit until a day or two before) if you want a ride. I would like to drive by Sheriff Joe's tent city jail to indulge my curiosities but may do that on the way back.

sab0tage

Postby sab0tage » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:04 pm

lol at the tent city tourist adventure. nationally arizona is not really known for any good shit (besides beautiful "winters") - terrible awful heat, joe arpaio and brewer's psychotic immigration laws. awesome.

david787

Postby david787 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Lol I think it is having an identity crisis and can't decide if it wants to be Texas West or California East.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”