New

Washington and Lee March Open House

Post by dlpelletier » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Anyone planning on going?

habeogladium

New

Re: Washington and Lee March Open House

Post by habeogladium » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm going! There has to be a few more people on here that are.

dlpelletier

New

Post by dlpelletier » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 pm

I would have thought that to be the case as well. I emailed about the readings for the mock class since they were not on the admitted site as indicated and they said that they are still working on the material and it will be posted soon, just FYI. Though not sure how I feel about having readings for an open house.

kch3684

Bronze

Post by kch3684 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 pm

I'll be there...did you get the packet of letters from professors? Seemed like overkill

banjooooo

New

Post by banjooooo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 am

i'll be there too! and yeah, that packet had so many letters... TLDNR

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:29 pm

I'll be there this weekend, too!

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm flying up on Friday for it!

Want to plan some TLS get-together?

dlpelletier

New

Post by dlpelletier » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 am

I'm driving down with the GF Friday not sure if I'll be there in time for the coffee but definitely game for getting together somewhere if anyone has any thoughts.

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:17 am

I'm down for anything! One of my good friends goes there for undergrad, so I can check with her and see what would be fun. Last time I talked to her she said they have Relay for Life this weekend and the school gets pretty involved in it, so things might be pretty quiet on Friday (not like it isn't always quiet in Lexington :D ).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 am

brooksrun wrote:I'm down for anything! One of my good friends goes there for undergrad, so I can check with her and see what would be fun. Last time I talked to her she said they have Relay for Life this weekend and the school gets pretty involved in it, so things might be pretty quiet on Friday (not like it isn't always quiet in Lexington :D ).
I feel as if some of you guys are getting the wrong idea about Lexington's nightlife. Although we have very few bars, we more than make up for it in school sponsored events and just debauchery in general. It is likely that after your coffee thing on friday night, some of the current students there will direct you to the popular bar that everyone is likely to be at on friday night. Lexington may not be what you would traditionally think of as a nightlife hotspot, but I guarantee you that Friday nights are certainly not "quiet."

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 am

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
brooksrun wrote:I'm down for anything! One of my good friends goes there for undergrad, so I can check with her and see what would be fun. Last time I talked to her she said they have Relay for Life this weekend and the school gets pretty involved in it, so things might be pretty quiet on Friday (not like it isn't always quiet in Lexington :D ).
I feel as if some of you guys are getting the wrong idea about Lexington's nightlife. Although we have very few bars, we more than make up for it in school sponsored events and just debauchery in general. It is likely that after your coffee thing on friday night, some of the current students there will direct you to the popular bar that everyone is likely to be at on friday night. Lexington may not be what you would traditionally think of as a nightlife hotspot, but I guarantee you that Friday nights are certainly not "quiet."
Haha I was halfway joking. I can't imagine the bar scene is like that of my large public university, but it seems like my friend has a pretty exciting social life there. From what she's told me for undergrad at least, it sounds like there are a lot of different events rather than just going to the bar every night. I'm not sure how accurate that is or if it translates over to the law school too. Are you a current student? Edited---Oops sorry, I see you are! Hadn't glanced at your profile yet.

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:56 am

Just now discovered my hotel info in my junk email, Hampton Inn for me. Where is everyone else placed?

dlpelletier

New

Post by dlpelletier » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 am

If I recall they said that for the March open house that they are only using the Hampton Inn so we should all be in there. I'll be coming down Friday but won't be getting on the road until later that afternoon have to wait for the Girlfriend to get off work and its about a 3 hour drive from Northern Virginia. Looking forward to getting sense of the town, last time I was in Lexington it was the late 90s and I was an undergrad Cadet at Virginia Tech and was up to no good it was late and we didn't stick around to see the town.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

banjooooo

New

Post by banjooooo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:04 am

I think the turnout for this open house was going to be too much for the Hampton, so some people might be at the Holiday Inn express too. I'm at the Hampton also, though! I'm realllly looking forward to this weekend! I toured W&L when I was looking at undrgrad schools & loved it. With all the history it's just such a cool place :D

habeogladium

New

Post by habeogladium » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:56 pm

My husband and I will be at the Holiday Inn Express. I'm up for getting together with people, and we should be at the coffee on Friday night as well.

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Just checked into the hotel...it's a gorgeous hotel and property. Looking forward to tomorrow!

dlpelletier

New

Post by dlpelletier » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:34 am

Any thoughts / feedback? The third year idea? Size of town? Love to hear what others thought.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wlu2013

New

Post by wlu2013 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey Guys,

For those of you accepted to W&L, congrats. I'm a 1L at W&L currently, and I'm posting because I need a roommate beginning August 1 (my current roommate is moving in with his girlfriend next year). It's a really nice townhouse, built about 5 years ago. View of the Shenandoah Mts. from the balcony, you'd have your own bathroom, there's a washer/dryer, etc.

If you're interested and/or have any questions let me know. I'll check back periodically to see if there's any interest. I'm also going to make a post on the W&L Law Notices, but TLS is a lot more user-friendly so I decided to knock out a post here first.

If you're coming to April Open House and want to check the place out, that should work for me.

dlpelletier

New

Post by dlpelletier » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Any more details? Rent? Photos? Address? Would love to know more.

wlu2013

New

Post by wlu2013 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm

dlpelletier wrote:Any more details? Rent? Photos? Address? Would love to know more.
Sending PM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”