WUSTL March ASD Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
FuManChusco

Silver

Re: WUSTL March ASD

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 pm

fatduck wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I'm getting in right around 6 so update the page with whatever bar. I might be with my buddy from SLU med, but I'm going to try and make it out.
I get in at 11 am so I will already be hammered by the time anyone else arrives. Perfect.
seeing you in a duck costume is becoming more realistic I think.

Punisha20

Bronze

Post by Punisha20 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Klogon wrote:So looks like I'll be flying in around 4. Totally down for some NCAA action. Moonrise bar? How's 6pm sound for some TLS meetups?
I'm getting in around about 3, probably going to hang out with my friend of mine for a couple hours. I'm staying at the Moonrise, probably can't get to the bar at 6, but I'm sure I can meet up with TLSers a little later.

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I'll be stumbling into the Moonrise in a whiskey-induced haze around 7-7:30 and will be ready to start drinking (more) immediately.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Magnolia wrote:I'll be stumbling into the Moonrise in a whiskey-induced haze around 7-7:30 and will be ready to start drinking (more) immediately.
:lol:

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:11 pm

So sounds like a 7:30-8pm or beyond meet up looks more likely for the drinkaments. Anybody know of any "must eat" places near campus? Will be my first time in St Louis and do not really know anyone there to ask.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Klogon wrote:So sounds like a 7:30-8pm or beyond meet up looks more likely for the drinkaments. Anybody know of any "must eat" places near campus? Will be my first time in St Louis and do not really know anyone there to ask.
2+2er?

also, if i'm gonna be in st. louis, i'm gonna eat some damn ribs. i've heard pappy's smoke house is the best.

Punisha20

Bronze

Post by Punisha20 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 pm

fatduck wrote:
Klogon wrote:So sounds like a 7:30-8pm or beyond meet up looks more likely for the drinkaments. Anybody know of any "must eat" places near campus? Will be my first time in St Louis and do not really know anyone there to ask.
2+2er?

also, if i'm gonna be in st. louis, i'm gonna eat some damn ribs. i've heard pappy's smoke house is the best.
+1000

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 pm

fatduck wrote:
2+2er?

Not a 2+2er but I have several pro poker friends who use that phrase often. I guess I picked it up.

Pappy's looks mad legit, but a little far without a car. Hmm...

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Ok between your eating and drinking would you guys mind taking some time to evaluate the law school (while sober preferably). I will not have the chance to visit and will be relying to some extent on TLS impressions of WashU's ASW. Thank you, that is all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Nah, I think I'm not even going to take a look at the campus. Rather spend hundreds of dollars to fly to St Louis just to dine alone and drink with strangers. =D

I'm sure checking out the school is the easy part for most of us so we come here to try to get some community while we are there.

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Klogon wrote:Nah, I think I'm not even going to take a look at the campus. Rather spend hundreds of dollars to fly to St Louis just to dine alone and drink with strangers. =D

I'm sure checking out the school is the easy part for most of us so we come here to try to get some community while we are there.
I meant that:
--ImageRemoved--

edgarfigaro

Bronze

Post by edgarfigaro » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Flight arrives ~6:00PM, is it possible to use public transportation to get to the moonrise, or will I have to get a cab (not renting a car)?

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Cade McNown wrote:Ok between your eating and drinking would you guys mind taking some time to evaluate the law school (while sober preferably). I will not have the chance to visit and will be relying to some extent on TLS impressions of WashU's ASW. Thank you, that is all.
I don't intend to be sober while I'm in law school, so why would I be sober while I'm touring law school?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:27 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:Flight arrives ~6:00PM, is it possible to use public transportation to get to the moonrise, or will I have to get a cab (not renting a car)?
I called the hotel about this, apparently there's a Metrolink stop like a block away from them.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

If you 0Ls wanna hang out with the most badass 1L on campus, I am always down for drinks and I we can talk about WUSTL/law school/whatever. I already plan to be around for happy hour Friday, and I think (hope) I'm not too busy Thursday night. And if you want to meet other students, bar review Thursday night would be a good place to go. So just PM me or something.

Also, no way this thread is better than last year's. I mean, just look at that OP! What a rockstar. :lol: You'll also have a hard time besting our ASW... it was pretty damn wild.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Great places to eat:
1. Pi Pizza (right across the street from Moonrise)
2. Pappy's Smokehouse
3. Fitz's (it is close to campus, right on the Loop)
4. Cicero's
5. Anywhere on the Hill

Also, I recommend that you read this if you are interested in finding things to do and places to eat/drink this weekend.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:And if you want to meet other students, bar review Thursday night would be a good place to go.
definitely down for this

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah totally down for crashing the Bar Review.

I'm not going to post my cell number on the web, but if people PM me their numbers I can send out texts that night on where people seem to be headed.

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

And looks like I'll be hitting Pappy's for dinner thurs night after I fly in as I'll probably be starving. Just reserved a car rental because I decided that its so damn cheap that why not. So if any of you without a ride want to join in, ya'll are more than welcome to tour the city with me away from the campus itself.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 pm

my cab driver was asking me where I was flying, so I said STL to check out a law school. he responds, "that's great. law school is a real good thing to get through. it will be nice to have the security of that degree."

if only....

theunderestimator

New

Post by theunderestimator » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:18 pm

So it sounds like there's a lot going on Thursday night, but what is everyone's plans for Friday night? I won't get in until Friday morning. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:20 pm

FuManChusco wrote:my cab driver was asking me where I was flying, so I said STL to check out a law school. he responds, "that's great. law school is a real good thing to get through. it will be nice to have the security of that degree."

if only....
T18SECURE bro

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

theunderestimator wrote:So it sounds like there's a lot going on Thursday night, but what is everyone's plans for Friday night? I won't get in until Friday morning. :(
Im sure ppl will figure that out when we all meet on friday

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Anyone else here? I'm at the Moonrise hotel bar, and I think romo and I are gonna go somewhere nearby to watch bball. Just come into the bar and yell for fatduck pls.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Ok so were heading to ciceros. I'm gonna do everyone a solid and post a burner cell number here. Accepting legit texts and trolls:(TOO LATE)
Last edited by fatduck on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”