Michigan ASW II

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
artichoke

Re: Michigan ASW II

Postby artichoke » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:23 am

NZA wrote:
artichoke wrote:Is anyone else getting weird error messages when trying to log in here:

http://web.law.umich.edu/PreviewWeekend/login.aspx

?

EDIT: just for reference, my error reads "there is no row at position 0"

and then a bunch of computer stuff I don't understand....

I tried using safari and firefox to no avail.

No...that's odd. :?

Try Chrome? That's what I use, and I registered without any issues. If that fails, you can probably just email the Admissions Office at Mich and let them know you'd like a spot.

Tried Chrome, no dice. All I get is this:

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:24 am

camelcrema wrote:
artichoke wrote:
NZA wrote:Also, have people received info about accommodations, etc.? All I got was the "Thank you for registering" email.

That's all I got as well... they will probably send something out closer to the event.

I'm a little bummed because when I signed up I only signed up for Fri/Sat at the hotel (my sister lives near detroit so I was planning on spending a few nights at her house as well). Then I started thinking I didn't want to miss out on Thursday night, but now I see that all the rooms are booked! OH well.

When you were registering, there are supposed to be radio buttons where you choose which nights you want accommodations for. Is that what you meant, or did you mean as a follow-up to that?

I meant as a follow-up. I originally selected Fri & Sat, I believe, although I can't verify because the site won't let me log on.

NZA

Postby NZA » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 am

artichoke wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
artichoke wrote:
NZA wrote:Also, have people received info about accommodations, etc.? All I got was the "Thank you for registering" email.

That's all I got as well... they will probably send something out closer to the event.

I'm a little bummed because when I signed up I only signed up for Fri/Sat at the hotel (my sister lives near detroit so I was planning on spending a few nights at her house as well). Then I started thinking I didn't want to miss out on Thursday night, but now I see that all the rooms are booked! OH well.

When you were registering, there are supposed to be radio buttons where you choose which nights you want accommodations for. Is that what you meant, or did you mean as a follow-up to that?

I meant as a follow-up. I originally selected Fri & Sat, I believe, although I can't verify because the site won't let me log on.

That's what I meant, as well...like, an email AFTER you pay them the $60/$40/wtv for the hotel.

Also, artichoke, got the same error. I think it occurs because have already registered. I thought you were trying to register. :) Sorry.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:35 am

NZA wrote:That's what I meant, as well...like, an email AFTER you pay them the $60/$40/wtv for the hotel.

Also, artichoke, got the same error. I think it occurs because have already registered. I thought you were trying to register. :) Sorry.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was why... They should really let you log back in to see what you've signed up for. hmm.

NZA

Postby NZA » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 pm

artichoke wrote:
NZA wrote:That's what I meant, as well...like, an email AFTER you pay them the $60/$40/wtv for the hotel.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was why... They should really let you log back in to see what you've signed up for. hmm.

Well, I just reread the email I got after I signed up:

Michigan wrote:We'll email you again about a week before Preview to give you official confirmation of your registration, to tell you when and where to show up, where you'll be staying in Ann Arbor (we like to call it A2 because that's more fun), and about all the fun you're going to have, but in much greater detail. We're writing to confirm that your credit card has been charged in the amount of $60.00, which is an excellent deal, considering all the fun you're going to have.

Looks like that's that. :)

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:32 pm

I was not a big fan of that email. Also, I just used some tomato sauce that has been chilling in my fridge for like a month so I may be dead from food poisoning if I don't show up.

NZA

Postby NZA » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 pm

AreJay711 wrote:I was not a big fan of that email. Also, I just used some tomato sauce that has been chilling in my fridge for like a month so I may be dead from food poisoning if I don't show up.

It was pretty crappily formatted. Just a giant wall of text, and most of the content was the same as the FIRST email.

Not as bad as Cornell's acceptance email, though. :lol:

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:36 pm

NZA wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:I was not a big fan of that email. Also, I just used some tomato sauce that has been chilling in my fridge for like a month so I may be dead from food poisoning if I don't show up.

It was pretty crappily formatted. Just a giant wall of text, and most of the content was the same as the FIRST email.

It was just really repetitive. What was Cornell's? I withdrew before I got a decision.

NZA

Postby NZA » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:41 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
NZA wrote:

It was just really repetitive. What was Cornell's? I withdrew before I got a decision.

It was a pretty weird-looking email. It didn't look so hot when I opened it. Luckily there admit packet was a bit nicer, but still not as nice as Michigan's.

I need to find a hotel for Wednesday night today. :? Get in at midnight EST.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 am

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:My flight arrives at 9:50 in the morning and the $15 bus leaves at 9:45 so I'll be sitting in the detroit airport until 12:15 if anyone else gets stuck. Probably to early to drink :(

Instead of waiting for the bus you should just split a cab with me/us. Per person it would probably cost less than $15 anyway.

I'll be arriving in Detroit at 9am, too. How are you guys getting from Detroit to Ann Arbor? Would you guys be down to split a cab or something?

RIPmitchhedberg

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:57 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
RIPmitchhedberg wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:My flight arrives at 9:50 in the morning and the $15 bus leaves at 9:45 so I'll be sitting in the detroit airport until 12:15 if anyone else gets stuck. Probably to early to drink :(

Instead of waiting for the bus you should just split a cab with me/us. Per person it would probably cost less than $15 anyway.

I'll be arriving in Detroit at 9am, too. How are you guys getting from Detroit to Ann Arbor? Would you guys be down to split a cab or something?

Yeah totally, if you're cool with waiting for an hour and a half.

NZA

Postby NZA » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Anyone want to share a cab Thursday? And/or Sunday?

I'm staying at a hotel Wednesday night, so I can roll whenever. I'd just rather split a cab than pay for that van thing.

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Got my ASW housing assignment. Staying in Lawyer's Club :mrgreen:

Also will be spending the night near Detroit Metro airport on Wednesday night if anyone wants to split a cab Thursday morning.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:52 pm

tag

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:59 pm

camelcrema wrote:Got my ASW housing assignment. Staying in Lawyer's Club :mrgreen:

Also will be spending the night near Detroit Metro airport on Wednesday night if anyone wants to split a cab Thursday morning.

Take the Michigan Flyer! I'll be staying at the Campus Inn which looks like a pretty good deal for $20 even if I am splitting a room.

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
camelcrema wrote:Got my ASW housing assignment. Staying in Lawyer's Club :mrgreen:

Take the Michigan Flyer! I'll be staying at the Campus Inn which looks like a pretty good deal for $20 even if I am splitting a room.

Just checked it out, looks pretty good as well. And then you take a bus to get to the law quad?

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

camelcrema wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:

Just checked it out, looks pretty good as well. And then you take a bus to get to the law quad?

I was thinking I'd take a cab from there but a bus would be good if there is a nearby stop

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Me, too, man. :) For both Wednesday night and LC for ASW. Should be good to check it out, see what it's all about (the Lawyer's Club, that is).

I'm not getting in until midnight EST, though.

wolverine2014

Postby wolverine2014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

NZA wrote:

Me, too, man. :) For both Wednesday night and LC for ASW. Should be good to check it out, see what it's all about (the Lawyer's Club, that is).

I'm kinda hating on you guys that you'll be staying at the LC. Not cool. : :evil:

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:00 pm

wolverine2014 wrote:
NZA wrote:

I'm kinda hating on you guys that you'll be staying at the LC. Not cool. : :evil:

Dude, we get put up in a $250 dollar a night hotel and you are looking at people staying in a dorm with envy?

twelda

Postby twelda » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:
NZA wrote:

Dude, we get put up in a $250 dollar a night hotel and you are looking at people staying in a dorm with envy?

Thank you for putting my unfounded jealousy into perspective.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:
NZA wrote:

haha. i like this. staying at the Campus Inn as well. :D

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:
NZA wrote:

Hahaha, I will admit I felt a little jealous that I didn't get places in the LC. But I'm at the Bell Tower Hotel and it looks pretty fucking swanky. I think they put me there cuz I gave Dean Z an idea for a new blog the other night. Thanks, Dean Z!

wolverine2014

Postby wolverine2014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:58 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:
NZA wrote:

True...but staying in the LC would've been an awesome experience for those of us contemplating living there in the fall.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:

Hahaha, I will admit I felt a little jealous that I didn't get places in the LC. But I'm at the Bell Tower Hotel and it looks pretty fucking swanky. I think they put me there cuz I gave Dean Z an idea for a new blog the other night. Thanks, Dean Z!

Ooo, I'm at the Bell Tower too! (And irrationally jealous of those in LC)

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”