IUB Travel Stipend

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
hopefulsplitter1

IUB Travel Stipend

Postby hopefulsplitter1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi, I just got an email from IUB offering a travel stipend as part of the scholarship. Does anyone know if the scholarship is contigent upon going to IUB? Thanks

Sandro

Re: IUB Travel Stipend

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

Both IUB and Minn sent me emails on their travel stipends today. Both did not mention anything about matriculation required for reimbursement so I would say no.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 am

That would be super lame if they did. SLD is supposed to introduce you to the school to see if you like it, not make you commit hundreds of dollars on airfare that you can only hope to get back if you matriculate.

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:That would be super lame if they did. SLD is supposed to introduce you to the school to see if you like it, not make you commit hundreds of dollars on airfare that you can only hope to get back if you matriculate.

I got the travel stipend email from iub, and from what I can tell it is not contingent upon matriculating there. The stipend I was offered to visit Iowa, on the other hand is clearly only if you matriculate.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

I also received the stipend and plan on attending next weekend. Has anyone asked if the stipulation of matriculating in required or how long/does the process go for receiving your reimbursement $$?

If not, I'll shoot any email in the morning.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm

DEF ISN'T

BWToth

Postby BWToth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:23 pm

"I can confirm your SLD travel reimbursement for airfare reimbursement up to $350 for a coach-class ticket. We will also provide you with a shared room at the Hilton Garden Inn. During your visit you will be provided University reimbursement forms. You will need to return the completed forms and original receipts within 10 days of your visit. The University will mail a reimbursement check to the provided address within one month."

email from Dani Weatherford

Anyone from DC metro area attending next weekend?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 pm

BWToth wrote:"I can confirm your SLD travel reimbursement for airfare reimbursement up to $350 for a coach-class ticket. We will also provide you with a shared room at the Hilton Garden Inn. During your visit you will be provided University reimbursement forms. You will need to return the completed forms and original receipts within 10 days of your visit. The University will mail a reimbursement check to the provided address within one month."

Me!! Flying Southwest in/out of BWI because it's cheaper

chihuahua12

Postby chihuahua12 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
BWToth wrote:"I can confirm your SLD travel reimbursement for airfare reimbursement up to $350 for a coach-class ticket. We will also provide you with a shared room at the Hilton Garden Inn. During your visit you will be provided University reimbursement forms. You will need to return the completed forms and original receipts within 10 days of your visit. The University will mail a reimbursement check to the provided address within one month."

Me!! Flying Southwest in/out of BWI because it's cheaper

Same!!

hopefulsplitter1

Postby hopefulsplitter1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Anybody from NYC?

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”