BU Preview Day 3/4/11

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
vbgal22
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby vbgal22 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Anyone else??

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby derrminater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:36 pm

I'll be there!

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby Perch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:43 pm

derrminater wrote:I'll be there!

+1, anyone bringing a guest?

edit: also will BU pay for travel expenses?

meryl
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 am

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby meryl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Perch wrote:
derrminater wrote:I'll be there!

+1, anyone bringing a guest?

edit: also will BU pay for travel expenses?


BU does not allow guests and they will reimburse up to $200

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby rman1201 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 am

Just made my travel arrangements! Exciting stuff

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby username99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

What did folks think about this one?

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby derrminater » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:12 pm

I really liked the school a lot. The building, which generally receives negative feedback, really didn't bother me. The faculty and student body seemed awesome.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby rman1201 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:14 pm

derrminater wrote:I really liked the school a lot. The building, which generally receives negative feedback, really didn't bother me. The faculty and student body seemed awesome.


+1. It seemed pretty great, the only thing is Boston doesn't seem to have much nightlife if you aren't into bars/sports (caveat: this is from my 3 days total in Boston, so I could be completely wrong)

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 pm

rman1201 wrote:
derrminater wrote:I really liked the school a lot. The building, which generally receives negative feedback, really didn't bother me. The faculty and student body seemed awesome.


+1. It seemed pretty great, the only thing is Boston doesn't seem to have much nightlife if you aren't into bars/sports (caveat: this is from my 3 days total in Boston, so I could be completely wrong)



This is why it is important to talk to current students before you come. There is an excellent nightlife, but you have to know where to look.

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby derrminater » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 pm

the only thing is Boston doesn't seem to have much nightlife if you aren't into bars/sports (caveat: this is from my 3 days total in Boston, so I could be completely wrong)[/quote]

I dunno about that, the museums and arts were talked up amongst those I spoke to. Plus, there's probably a lot more going on outside of the winter months (Nov-Early March)

User avatar
lucky277
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby lucky277 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Cupidity wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
derrminater wrote:I really liked the school a lot. The building, which generally receives negative feedback, really didn't bother me. The faculty and student body seemed awesome.


+1. It seemed pretty great, the only thing is Boston doesn't seem to have much nightlife if you aren't into bars/sports (caveat: this is from my 3 days total in Boston, so I could be completely wrong)



This is why it is important to talk to current students before you come. There is an excellent nightlife, but you have to know where to look.


Where would you recommend? I'll be going to the Preview Day on 3/25 and would love some tips on places to check out, nightlife or otherwise. Thanks in advance!

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: BU Preview Day 3/4/11

Postby username99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Did anyone else worry that the students they lined up for us weren't exactly representative of the student body? It seemed like they brought out the all star team - which is to be expected - but I wonder what the experiences of most students are like.

Overall, I was very impressed. If they come through with some $$, I think it is my frontrunner.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests