Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby mcweanis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 am

does anybody know how hard it is to get in to the forums/events/etc? i forgot to sign up for the ASW and now it's closed, but i live in center city so i can earily get there..

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am

law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Like I thought, City Tap House on Thur. night.

Email came out, starts at around 8. See yall there! Unless I am seeing some of you earlier at lunch :mrgreen:


Me me me me me!!!! You said on the other thread 1 for lunch, right? Should we mark that as the official TLS Thursday lunch time? Ahhh getting so excited!!!!!


Yes let's have an official TLS lunch. Food suggestions?

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby ilovemulch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Like I thought, City Tap House on Thur. night.

Email came out, starts at around 8. See yall there! Unless I am seeing some of you earlier at lunch :mrgreen:


Me me me me me!!!! You said on the other thread 1 for lunch, right? Should we mark that as the official TLS Thursday lunch time? Ahhh getting so excited!!!!!


Yes let's have an official TLS lunch. Food suggestions?


Somewhere with vietnamese sandwiches?!

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Like I thought, City Tap House on Thur. night.

Email came out, starts at around 8. See yall there! Unless I am seeing some of you earlier at lunch :mrgreen:


Me me me me me!!!! You said on the other thread 1 for lunch, right? Should we mark that as the official TLS Thursday lunch time? Ahhh getting so excited!!!!!


Yes let's have an official TLS lunch. Food suggestions?


Somewhere with vietnamese sandwiches?!

+1000000 You, I like you. :)

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby ilovemulch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Me me me me me!!!! You said on the other thread 1 for lunch, right? Should we mark that as the official TLS Thursday lunch time? Ahhh getting so excited!!!!![/quote]

Yes let's have an official TLS lunch. Food suggestions?[/quote]

Somewhere with vietnamese sandwiches?![/quote]
+1000000 You, I like you. :)[/quote]

Haha thx! Philly-any good viet sandwich shops?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
Haha thx! Philly-any good viet sandwich shops?


I will ask my food editor on Monday.

Did you guys get the ASW friday dinner choices email? Want to all go to the same place?

Also APALSA has a social after dinner on Friday at Continental in town, so anyone interested? I will probably go.

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby swampthang » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Haha thx! Philly-any good viet sandwich shops?


I will ask my food editor on Monday.

Did you guys get the ASW friday dinner choices email? Want to all go to the same place?

Also APALSA has a social after dinner on Friday at Continental in town, so anyone interested? I will probably go.


Is that the one with free drinks? I remember last year there was some similar such event with free booze at the Black Sheep maybe?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:48 am

swampthang wrote:Is that the one with free drinks? I remember last year there was some similar such event with free booze at the Black Sheep maybe?


Not sure, but I would feel slighted if the drinks are not free. I don't think I have gone to one social event where you have to pay for drinks yet.

Kind of makes me sad that we have to pay for drinks at City Tap House. Wait, GAPSA is running an event right before the ASW event and I can get 3 drink tickets. Sweet. :mrgreen:

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby swampthang » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
swampthang wrote:Is that the one with free drinks? I remember last year there was some similar such event with free booze at the Black Sheep maybe?


Not sure, but I would feel slighted if the drinks are not free. I don't think I have gone to one social event where you have to pay for drinks yet.

Kind of makes me sad that we have to pay for drinks at City Tap House. Wait, GAPSA is running an event right before the ASW event and I can get 3 drink tickets. Sweet. :mrgreen:


Spread the love!!!

Mailbox101
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby Mailbox101 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 pm

mcweanis wrote:does anybody know how hard it is to get in to the forums/events/etc? i forgot to sign up for the ASW and now it's closed, but i live in center city so i can earily get there..


Also interested in this. Does anybody know if we can still sign up for ASW??

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

So are we still planning a lunch on Thurs at 1pm? Also, who will be in town Weds night?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:59 pm

ilovemulch wrote:So are we still planning a lunch on Thurs at 1pm? Also, who will be in town Weds night?


Yes if you guys want. A couple of people have expressed interests on these threads.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 am

So anyone for lunch tomorrow Thur. 3/24 in center city? Let's get this together!

Edited for ... umm fail
Last edited by r6_philly on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:22 am

r6_philly wrote:So anyone for lunch tomorrow Wed. Thurs. 3/24 in center city? Let's get this together!


I won't be getting there until that evening :( . I'd better get to meet some TLSers at some point this weekend though!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

c_dubya_s wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So anyone for lunch tomorrow Thurs. 3/24 in center city? Let's get this together!


I won't be getting there until that evening :( . I'd better get to meet some TLSers at some point this weekend though!


City Tap House 8-10PM. I will stay at least til 10.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 am

r6_philly wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So anyone for lunch tomorrow Thurs. 3/24 in center city? Let's get this together!


I won't be getting there until that evening :( . I'd better get to meet some TLSers at some point this weekend though!


City Tap House 8-10PM. I will stay at least til 10.


I'll try to see if I can convince my student host to head over there. My bus isn't getting into Philly until 9:45pm though.

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am

r6_philly wrote:So anyone for lunch tomorrow Thur. 3/24 in center city? Let's get this together!

Edited for ... umm fail


I'm in! I'll go anywhere, not picky about food.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 am

c_dubya_s wrote:I'll try to see if I can convince my student host to head over there. My bus isn't getting into Philly until 9:45pm though.


Where are you staying, I mean where does your host live? Do you have to take the subway over? If so ask him to meet you there. It's 2 blocks from 40st. stop.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:09 pm

K r6 can you post an address so we all know where to meet tomorrow at 1?

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby mcweanis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

yep where are we meeting? i suggest sitar or mad mex or pattaya thai in west

(edited for more food ideas!)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:53 pm

pm instead

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby The Stig » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 pm

So i totally missed this thread...but I will be there late tomorrow night, so I will see most of you Friday!

So excited :D

To help you guys spot me, I will be wearing the stig suit.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 pm

The Stig wrote:So i totally missed this thread...but I will be there late tomorrow night, so I will see most of you Friday!

So excited :D


You so would :P

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby The Stig » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:39 pm

dulcatis wrote:
The Stig wrote:So i totally missed this thread...but I will be there late tomorrow night, so I will see most of you Friday!

So excited :D


You so would :P


I'm sorry! I live in the world of "view your posts" and had forgotten to post in this one back when I signed up! :oops:

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:45 pm

if anyone wants to PM me what's going on tomorrow for lunch I'd appreciate it.




Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest