Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

(Where, When and What Did You Think)

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 am

law_monkey wrote:
pereira6 wrote:I feel like I'm gonna be left out on all the fun TLS groupie adventures during the ASW because I'm missing the 24th meet-up :| :P

Thursday night won't be the only time that we all talk to each other. You'll just have to find us somehow. (Hint: Just look for the awkward group - that's really the only group because no one else will probably know that many people - standing around sending in TLS updates from their smartphones.)

Hahaha I lol'd XD

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
pereira6 wrote:I feel like I'm gonna be left out on all the fun TLS groupie adventures during the ASW because I'm missing the 24th meet-up :| :P

Thursday night won't be the only time that we all talk to each other. You'll just have to find us somehow. (Hint: Just look for the awkward group - that's really the only group because no one else will probably know that many people - standing around sending in TLS updates from their smartphones.)

Hahaha I lol'd XD

Haha nice :)

We'll have a good weekend I'm sure. I'm looking forward to meet all sorts of people, TLS or not :)

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Just made travel plans yesterday with my SO... really looking forward to meeting everyone!I'm also really looking forward to the t-shirt and trolley rides... This is the first ASW I'm going to that seems to show more of the city, which, considering my immense love of cheesesteaks, is a good thing.

swl56

Postby swl56 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

aww i feel so left out too! i want to meet all you TLSers :( unfortunately cannot make ASW... so will be going with my family and SO some other weekend... a not-as-awesome weekend.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am

law_monkey wrote:In case some of you newbies missed it, there will be a lunch gathering for people who are arriving earlier in the day. Let me know if you want to join in!

exciting. I'm probably coming in Wednesday so I can look for apartments Wednesday and Thursday. I'd definitely be down for a lunch meet up

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am

dabomb75 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:In case some of you newbies missed it, there will be a lunch gathering for people who are arriving earlier in the day. Let me know if you want to join in!

exciting. I'm probably coming in Wednesday so I can look for apartments Wednesday and Thursday. I'd definitely be down for a lunch meet up

Yay!!! When it gets closer to I might copy dulc and make a spreadsheet so I can know who to pm and we can figure out the deets! :D

eaa1537

Postby eaa1537 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 pm

idk how I missed this thread- count me in for everything!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:26 pm

eaa1537 wrote:idk how I missed this thread- count me in for everything!

Welcome! We have fun here. :D

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

law_monkey wrote:

I'm looking forward to it. If the current students who have been posting in the Penn threads are any indication, it's a blast and you might just meet the love of your life! On that note, I've gotten wind of an "Alt Bar Review" that Thursday night. Not sure where the official "Bar Review" is taking place, but I'm told ABR is at a place with cheap beer and pub trivia. Sign me up! Anyone else interested? I can provide details once I know more.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:00 pm

swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I'm looking forward to it. If the current students who have been posting in the Penn threads are any indication, it's a blast and you might just meet the love of your life! On that note, I've gotten wind of an "Alt Bar Review" that Thursday night. Not sure where the official "Bar Review" is taking place, but I'm told ABR is at a place with cheap beer and pub trivia. Sign me up! Anyone else interested? I can provide details once I know more.

Yeah I'm in on whatever the agreed on TLS event is. Also, do people want to start PMing me if they want to come to the Thursday lunch? Just let me know what time you would be available so I can figure out what works best. SOOOO EXCITED!!! :D

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 pm

swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Local 44?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Yeah I'm in on whatever the agreed on TLS event is. Also, do people want to start PMing me if they want to come to the Thursday lunch? Just let me know what time you would be available so I can figure out what works best. SOOOO EXCITED!!! :D

Where is this lunch?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Where is this lunch?

Haha I was going to ask you where we should go. :D

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Local 44?

Could be...I think I heard some mention about a "beer tower" possibly in conjunction with a free pizza? All I know is it sounded a lot more conducive to meeting & greeting with future classmates than 'mingling' in a loud, crowded bar.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

law_monkey wrote:

What time, what genre? I will plan.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

What time, what genre? I will plan.

I will have times when people PM me. Genre? Anything tasty! It's pretty cliche, but I must have a philly cheesesteak at some point when I'm there. :D

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm

If you are going to hang out in the city, let's plan a late-ish lunch and then we will all make it over to school. I am going to work half a day.

There is pretty much anything you want old city. Cheesesteak included.

silly101

Postby silly101 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:40 pm

ill prob be there wed night as well

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Anyone know where the "night out" is on Friday night?

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 am

does penn offer housing for asw? if not, one or two of ya'all can crash at my place :) one of my roomies is definitely going next year and i will if i get the toll!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 pm

mcweanis wrote:does penn offer housing for asw? if not, one or two of ya'all can crash at my place :) one of my roomies is definitely going next year and i will if i get the toll!

Thanks for the offer. Penn did give us the option of staying with a student. None of us have heard from them though, so you might have a whole group of us on your couch! :D

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 pm

law_monkey wrote:
mcweanis wrote:does penn offer housing for asw? if not, one or two of ya'all can crash at my place :) one of my roomies is definitely going next year and i will if i get the toll!

Thanks for the offer. Penn did give us the option of staying with a student. None of us have heard from them though, so you might have a whole group of us on your couch! :D

Hahaha "THE TLS COUCH"

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 am

Getting in on weds night, am totally down for TLS hang-outs! Consensus is Thurday lunch, details TBD but anyone up for weds night meetup?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Like I thought, City Tap House on Thur. night.

Email came out, starts at around 8. See yall there! Unless I am seeing some of you earlier at lunch :mrgreen:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 am

r6_philly wrote:Like I thought, City Tap House on Thur. night.

Email came out, starts at around 8. See yall there! Unless I am seeing some of you earlier at lunch :mrgreen:

Me me me me me!!!! You said on the other thread 1 for lunch, right? Should we mark that as the official TLS Thursday lunch time? Ahhh getting so excited!!!!!

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”