Visits and scholarships

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
ineptimusprime

Bronze

Visits and scholarships

Postby ineptimusprime » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Does anyone here think visiting a school could increase your chances of getting a scholarship offer (when none was included in the original letter of acceptance)? I've already attempted to negotiate w/ this school w/ my current batch of scholarships to no avail. Is this something that should be brought up during a visit?

I would probably visit the school whether it affects my scholarship chances or not; I'm just curious whether it's at all helpful or appropriate to discuss scholarships on a visit.

My intuition tells me a visit should help, but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks.

Capitol A

Silver

Re: Visits and scholarships

Postby Capitol A » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Does anyone here think visiting a school could increase your chances of getting a scholarship offer (when none was included in the original letter of acceptance)? I've already attempted to negotiate w/ this school w/ my current batch of scholarships to no avail. Is this something that should be brought up during a visit?

I would probably visit the school whether it affects my scholarship chances or not; I'm just curious whether it's at all helpful or appropriate to discuss scholarships on a visit.

My intuition tells me a visit should help, but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks.

If you've already tried unsuccessfully, I would think bringing it up could be annoying, and if you end up attending this school, it would be nice to have a positive relationship with these people. Of course, I don't think it would actually hurt anything, and visiting could show that you are very serious about attending.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days�