W&L ASW February 2011 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
queenlizzie13

Silver

Re: W&L ASW February 2011

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Did anyone take any pictures? Also, I want to hear more details :)

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm

It's definitely true that it's a small town, but you don't really need a cab to go anywhere, everything is in immediate walking distance (it's just that our hotels were outside of the town area). There are only two bars, there's no getting away from the extreme smallness of the town, but at the same time, the law school provides SO many social events for the students, and students plan many parties and such, so it seems as if there is ALWAYS something to do, and plenty of places to drink besides the bars.

I feel as though I got a very holistic impression of the school, and I talked to a lot of current students. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM, but I don't feel like typing an overview of the entire weekend.

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I was impressed with the weekend. It was informative and well-planned, the faculty and administrators I met were welcoming and knowledgeable, and the current students who helped with the program were all pretty sharp. Obviously, they spent a lot of time discussing their new third year program, which is I think a real selling point for the school - lots more practical experience. They also emphasized the smallness of the community - both Lexington and the law school in general - and how positive that can be for students in law school.

Overall, I came away with a good impression, but I'm not entirely sure it's the school for me. I think I would feel comfortable there, but it's a little farther from home (and my husband) than I want to go, and I'm not sure I want (or need) the small-school support structures W&L offers.

But I'm really glad I visited.

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Feel free to PM a reply, but who (if anyone) did I actually meet this weekend? I have a feeling I was the easiest TLSer to recognize.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:Feel free to PM a reply, but who (if anyone) did I actually meet this weekend? I have a feeling I was the easiest TLSer to recognize.

Lol... No I was, but I believe you were a very close 2nd.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:Feel free to PM a reply, but who (if anyone) did I actually meet this weekend? I have a feeling I was the easiest TLSer to recognize.

Yeah, I figured my shirt on Saturday would give it away even to the people I didn't hang out with.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:

Yeah, I figured my shirt on Saturday would give it away even to the people I didn't hang out with.
Certainly did!

If anyone else wants to know about W+L, they can certainly PM me as well for my thoughts on the ASW.

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:57 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote: If anyone else wants to know about W+L, they can certainly PM me as well for my thoughts on the ASW.
Same here.

auroojgulzar

New

Post by auroojgulzar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey-

Im thinking about going to the wait-list day in March or April. I live in NYC and dont drive. what are my most convenient options.

Thank you for your help!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”