W&L ASW February 2011 Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: W&L ASW February 2011

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:47 am

WVUCelticFan wrote:Sounds good to me. We can figure out the details of bar in town or hotel bar or whatever the hell there is to do.
And thats when I remember it's Lexington...lol

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:17 am

I like all this chatter about hanging out at February ASW.

Hope to see you all there!

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Ditto on the chatter! Look forward to meeting everyone!

So I haven't booked my flight yet, but I am thinking about flying into DC on Friday because it is a lot cheaper than flying into Roanoke. Anyone want to carpool and split the cost of a rental car?

kch3684

Bronze

Post by kch3684 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 am

Check Richmond, much cheaper then Roanoke and its an easy airport to deal with - small and you won't have to deal with DC! I'm flying from Boston to Richmond for $180 in March

aquyenl

Bronze

Post by aquyenl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

i'll be there! i am flying in from houston and should get there around 2pm on friday so i guess i will just check out the campus and city in the meantime. anyone else also trying to get transportation from the roanoke airport to W&L?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:58 pm

aquyenl wrote:i'll be there! i am flying in from houston and should get there around 2pm on friday so i guess i will just check out the campus and city in the meantime. anyone else also trying to get transportation from the roanoke airport to W&L?

Didn't W&L supply transportation from the airport? (I am driving but read something about that) I could be wrong but check the ASW website.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
aquyenl wrote:i'll be there! i am flying in from houston and should get there around 2pm on friday so i guess i will just check out the campus and city in the meantime. anyone else also trying to get transportation from the roanoke airport to W&L?

Didn't W&L supply transportation from the airport? (I am driving but read something about that) I could be wrong but check the ASW website.
Only if you are flying into Roanoke. I won't be there in February, but you guys will have to tell me all about it wen you get back!

aquyenl

Bronze

Post by aquyenl » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:

yes, they do offer transportation. i was just wondering who else was doing the same thing.

bucky0486

New

Post by bucky0486 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:33 am

I'll be there in February! I'm driving in from Arkansas, so I'm not really sure when I'm getting there. I do like the idea of going out for drinks. Anyone know of any good place for that?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 pm

bucky0486 wrote:I'll be there in February! I'm driving in from Arkansas, so I'm not really sure when I'm getting there. I do like the idea of going out for drinks. Anyone know of any good place for that?
I have a friend who went to W&L for law school. I'll see if she has a recommendation...

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to be One of Those with a parent tagging along. My dad desperately wishes he had gone to law school and is tickled pink he's getting to go on this visit with me (my husband couldn't go)... he even asked if we would get to sit in on a class! (I told him they don't have classes on Saturday and that parents don't get to go to classes anyway... talk about crestfallen...) ANYWAY, I'm all about drinks but might have to get him settled before heading out.

So excited for this trip!

jeff5170

New

Post by jeff5170 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Two options: The Palms or Macado's. They're about two blocks from each other downtown.

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Macado's was recommended to me.

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 pm

lvsmithmarsh wrote:
bucky0486 wrote:I'll be there in February! I'm driving in from Arkansas, so I'm not really sure when I'm getting there. I do like the idea of going out for drinks. Anyone know of any good place for that?
I have a friend who went to W&L for law school. I'll see if she has a recommendation...

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to be One of Those with a parent tagging along. My dad desperately wishes he had gone to law school and is tickled pink he's getting to go on this visit with me (my husband couldn't go)... he even asked if we would get to sit in on a class! (I told him they don't have classes on Saturday and that parents don't get to go to classes anyway... talk about crestfallen...) ANYWAY, I'm all about drinks but might have to get him settled before heading out.

So excited for this trip!
Good for you for letting your Dad tag along, I bet it will make him so happy! My mother wants to tag along because she wants to see Lee Chapel, but she isn't so interested in paying the airfare :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Who's excited? :D

amers73

Bronze

Post by amers73 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Won't be able to make it until April (I can't wait to go!) Would anybody mind posting a few pictures from the trip there? :)

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm

weejonbu wrote:Who's excited? :D
Me!

W&M on Thursday, UVA on Friday, and W&L for the weekend.

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm

amers73 wrote:Won't be able to make it until April (I can't wait to go!) Would anybody mind posting a few pictures from the trip there? :)
Yeah, I am planning on taking a camera and getting some shots of the campus for sure... suprised that no one has posted any pics on that "ITT we post school pics here" thread yet, but I guess it's not easy for people to get out to Lexington.
WVUCelticFan wrote:
Me!

That's a sweet schedule! I'll be at W&L on Friday and Saturday, then up to DC for Sunday and Monday to check out GW... wish I could fit more in like you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:01 pm

weejonbu wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:
Me!

That's a sweet schedule! I'll be at W&L on Friday and Saturday, then up to DC for Sunday and Monday to check out GW... wish I could fit more in like you!
I had thought about adding GULC and GW on Tuesday/Wednesday, but I should probably go to class at least a little.

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:10 pm

So I may not go to the feb ASW afterall, the cheapest airfare I can find is like $1000 into roanoke! that's crazy! and flying into another airport and renting a car is out of the question because I'm not 25, so the insurance on the car is just as crazy

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm

nicole88 wrote:So I may not go to the feb ASW afterall, the cheapest airfare I can find is like $1000 into roanoke! that's crazy! and flying into another airport and renting a car is out of the question because I'm not 25, so the insurance on the car is just as crazy

Enterprise for someone under 21 isnt too bad...

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:40 pm

I did the thing on Hotwire where you buy the flight, but you don't get to know times or airlines until after you book, it saved me like $600... so I'll see everyone next weekend! :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm

nicole88 wrote:I did the thing on Hotwire where you buy the flight, but you don't get to know times or airlines until after you book, it saved me like $600... so I'll see everyone next weekend! :)
wow...how do you do that?

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:51 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
nicole88 wrote:I did the thing on Hotwire where you buy the flight, but you don't get to know times or airlines until after you book, it saved me like $600... so I'll see everyone next weekend! :)
wow...how do you do that?
It's the hot wire "hot rates." You don't get to know the time of the flight or the airline until after you book, but it's more than half the price. it only works if you don't have specific times you need to leave at

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Everyone else get an email yesterday saying that they will have people in two hotels? Said we'd find out which on Monday. Hopefully everyone lucks into the same one, or we'll have to figure out a new way to do this.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:52 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:Everyone else get an email yesterday saying that they will have people in two hotels? Said we'd find out which on Monday. Hopefully everyone lucks into the same one, or we'll have to figure out a new way to do this.
skimmed the email earlier, but just re-read it. Anyone with ideas?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”