Help planning my trip

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
justhockey31

Help planning my trip

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:10 am

Well I need to visit NYC, DC, and Lexington Va in a matter of 2 weeks. My plan so far is to fly from upstate NY in to NYC...train from NYC to DC...and then I'm stuck. Does anyone know of a good bus/train company that goes from DC to Lexington Va cheaply? Thanks!

queenlizzie13

Re: Help planning my trip

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

justhockey31 wrote:Well I need to visit NYC, DC, and Lexington Va in a matter of 2 weeks. My plan so far is to fly from upstate NY in to NYC...train from NYC to DC...and then I'm stuck. Does anyone know of a good bus/train company that goes from DC to Lexington Va cheaply? Thanks!

You might try the Greyhound bus line. I personally rented a car and drove it from UNC up to DC while stopping at W&M and UVA. Didn't have time to make it over to Lexington, unfortunately.

But yeah, renting a car is expensive! So I wouldn't really recommend it.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 pm

justhockey31 wrote:Well I need to visit NYC, DC, and Lexington Va in a matter of 2 weeks. My plan so far is to fly from upstate NY in to NYC...train from NYC to DC...and then I'm stuck. Does anyone know of a good bus/train company that goes from DC to Lexington Va cheaply? Thanks!

Bolt Bus is the best option for going from NYC to DC if you're worried about money. If money isn't an issue, train all the way!

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

ilovesf wrote:

Bolt Bus is the best option for going from NYC to DC if you're worried about money. If money isn't an issue, train all the way!

Is there a train from DC to Lexington? I am pretty satisfied with taking the amtrak from NYC to DC ($40, 3.5 hr trip) but I do not think that train goes to Lexington...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

justhockey31 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Is there a train from DC to Lexington? I am pretty satisfied with taking the amtrak from NYC to DC ($40, 3.5 hr trip) but I do not think that train goes to Lexington...

W&L's website says that there are no train stations in Lexington. Their website also says there is no Greyhound bus service.. yikes! http://www.wlu.edu/x22379.xml

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:36 pm

ilovesf wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

W&L's website says that there are no train stations in Lexington. Their website also says there is no Greyhound bus service.. yikes! http://www.wlu.edu/x22379.xml

sooo I'm walking there?? lol I realize its a small town but geez no bus?!

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

justhockey31 wrote:

Haha, that would definitely be a con in my book. I have a car, but I wouldn't like to live where I need one.. I guess you have to rent a car or carpool or something?

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 pm

ilovesf wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:

Haha, that would definitely be a con in my book. I have a car, but I wouldn't like to live where I need one.. I guess you have to rent a car or carpool or something?

Well I have family in DC so maybe I can borrow their car?? I didn't realize its like a 2 hour drive away...this is really annoying lol

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 pm

rebexness wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:sooo I'm walking there?? lol I realize its a small town but geez no bus?!

I'm guessing you have never been to Lexington...
Renting a car from DC would suck but its an option, its about 2.5 hours from DC on average.

No I have never been there but you would think with school there would be some sort of transportation...No bus, no train, no airport within an hour...its in the middle of nowhere

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”