Meet with the DOA, tour, observation.. What to wear..?

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Moral_Midgetry

Meet with the DOA, tour, observation.. What to wear..?

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions, taking a tour, and observing a class at a T1 school this week. I've met with DOAs at other schools and wore suits the other times. Should I do the same here? I know if I do I will stick out like a sore thumb in the class but I probably will anyway. Anyone else have experience with this?

ran12

Re: Meet with the DOA, tour, observation.. What to wear..?

Postby ran12 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:I'm meeting with the Dean of Admissions, taking a tour, and observing a class at a T1 school this week. I've met with DOAs at other schools and wore suits the other times. Should I do the same here? I know if I do I will stick out like a sore thumb in the class but I probably will anyway. Anyone else have experience with this?

Suit is overdoing it. Business casual is the way to go. I wore khakis and a blazer to schools when I was visiting.

zonto

Postby zonto » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:27 am

I think a suit would be overkill. I met with an assistant dean recently and just wore slacks, shirt, and tie. For a tour and sitting in a class, wear some nice jeans and a v-neck or something. Students I've seen post on TLS say to dress "normal" when you're coming in for class sessions and stuff.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 pm

This is what i plan to wear to my meeting next week:

http://unabashedlyprep.com/up-posts/Dre ... _0043a.jpg

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”