Visiting Duke!

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
law_monkey

Visiting Duke!

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey everyone. I'm visiting Duke later this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on people I should talk to/places to visit? Thanks in advance for the help!

ran12

Re: Visiting Duke!

Postby ran12 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

law_monkey wrote:Hey everyone. I'm visiting Duke later this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on people I should talk to/places to visit? Thanks in advance for the help!

I go to Duke B-school. Talk to whoever you can while visiting the law school because Duke is really high on networking. You should check out the downtown area around Main St b/c if you plan on going to Duke, you really need to understand what Durham's like. There really isn't much to do in Durham besides going to bars and restaurants. Raleigh and Chapel Hill are surrounding areas that have some interesting bars and restaurants. For places to eat in Durham, check out Brightleaf Square or places on 9th St. If you're into civil war stuff, there's a few places to visit in Durham. Just look up Civil War Durham.

ela7117

Postby ela7117 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Recommend feeling out the Durham area, outside Duke's walls. Durham is really quite fabulous if you give it a chance. Favorites are the Federal and James Joyce (bars, adjacent to eachother), Bullocks BBQ (resty), Green Room (bar), Brightleaf/Ninth St/American Tobacco Campus (retail), 9th St Bakery (cafe), Bean Traders (cafe), Ox & Rabbit (retail), Carolina Theatre (arts).

Duke provides a pretty all inclusive campus enviornment, complete with a 4 star inn, so sometimes people are hesitant to explore Durham; but honestly, once you do, you realize its got tons to offer.

Here is an awesome guide from Design Sponge, --LinkRemoved--

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Law_monkey I will be visiting Duke (again) this week also. Last time I was there I talked to a few of the 1L's, sat in on two lectures, and had lunch with a couple of 2L's. Everyone was really nice.

AfroThunder1212

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:39 am

Does anyone know if Duke has a travel stipend for the admitted students open house in March?

ScarryBakhtin

Postby ScarryBakhtin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

AfroThunder1212 wrote:Does anyone know if Duke has a travel stipend for the admitted students open house in March?

$150

ppch

Postby ppch » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Is anyone trying to make it to the Duke ASW after the Georgetown program? I'm trying to figure out how I might swing it, but it seems like it might be quite an ordeal.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”