ASWs

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
arism87

ASWs

Postby arism87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 pm

What's the deal? Did you go? How many did you attend? Was it helpful to make a decision?

Just gotta figure out if I'm going to have to (want to) take time off in the spring.

JazzOne

Re: ASWs

Postby JazzOne » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 pm

arism87 wrote:What's the deal? Did you go? How many did you attend? Was it helpful to make a decision?

Just gotta figure out if I'm going to have to (want to) take time off in the spring.

Pretty lame. I skipped it and spent the weekend looking around town. Take a tour of the law school. Other than that, I'm not sure what they can say that will be helpful. I guess if you have specific questions that would be the appropriate time to ask them.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

JazzOne wrote:
arism87 wrote:What's the deal? Did you go? How many did you attend? Was it helpful to make a decision?

Pretty lame. I skipped it and spent the weekend looking around town. Take a tour of the law school. Other than that, I'm not sure what they can say that will be helpful. I guess if you have specific questions that would be the appropriate time to ask them.

Thanks! That said, is there much reason to attend the official day instead of going on my own time?

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:45 pm

arism87 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Thanks! That said, is there much reason to attend the official day instead of going on my own time?

They do have events scheduled that might interest you. For instance, we had a Q&A session with the dean. It's not like you're going to get many opportunities to chat with the dean. They also have scheduled tours, and there was an ice cream mixer where you could meet some future classmates. Then again, many people don't decide where to go until after ASW, so it's just as likely that you'll be meeting people who you'll never see again.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”