How should I plan to dress for the LSAC forum? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
masochist

Bronze

How should I plan to dress for the LSAC forum?

Post by masochist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Casual, business casual, suit, as a mighty morphin power ranger? What do people typically wear?

booboo

Silver

Re: How should I plan to dress for the LSAC forum?

Post by booboo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:43 pm

I wore a button up and jeans...

You'll see most in business casual, some in business formal, and the unfortunate ones coming in in sweats and a dirty t-shirt.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:49 pm

If you're female, skirt or dress pants and a nice blouse. If you're male, nice (black or dark grey) pants and a button down, no tie necessary.

There will definitely be people dressed more casually and a few in suits, but I think the dressier side of business casual is the most appropriate for the venue.

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Lwoods wrote:If you're female, skirt or dress pants and a nice blouse. If you're male, nice (black or dark grey) pants and a button down, no tie necessary.

There will definitely be people dressed more casually and a few in suits, but I think the dressier side of business casual is the most appropriate for the venue.
Seems like I wore the wrong type of shirt... Lol.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Traditionally, "button down" referred to a shirt with a collar that buttons down (as opposed to the more common loose collar). However, in recent years, people use the term to refer to a shirt with buttons down the front, which used to just be called "shirts" because they were commonplace (this was before people casually wore t-shirts or polo shirts).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks everyone

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:17 pm

No pajamas & leave the motorcycle outside.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm

streak. addcoms love nudity.

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:26 pm

How useful would you say attending one of these forums is?

Is an adcom really going to jot down a few notes about how personable, articulate, and energetic you are? (to the extent where it'll actually make a difference beyond hard gpa and lsat numbers)

I'm still debating on whether or not it's worth going to this thing....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 am

Lwoods wrote:If you're female, skirt or dress pants and a nice blouse. If you're male, nice (black or dark grey) pants and a button down, no tie necessary.

Elle, way to be a traitor! You should have said designer names of course, and also that all girls should be sure to wear pink. Lol!

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 am

QandAphorism wrote:How useful would you say attending one of these forums is?

Is an adcom really going to jot down a few notes about how personable, articulate, and energetic you are? (to the extent where it'll actually make a difference beyond hard gpa and lsat numbers)

Its more like you will get a chance to get your information to them with a face, that maybe, just maybe, when they are reading your file will pop up in their minds. If you already know what schools you are interested in and have had face time with their admissions deans, then its a huge waste of time. If however you are like the other 95% of applicants that have never met a member of the admissions office, you're better off going and putting your best foot forward. You never know what it might result in.

Also, be sure to ask for fee waivers, most reps keep them with them at these events, and you might be surprised how much money you can save!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am

Given your username, may I suggest --ImageRemoved--?

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:46 pm

kendraston wrote:

Elle, way to be a traitor! You should have said designer names of course, and also that all girls should be sure to wear pink. Lol!
If you have to wear fur, make sure it's faux. And I like to wear my Louboutin slingbacks at these types of events; the red soles add a special flair to my step when I walk away. ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm

paratactical wrote:Given your username, may I suggest --ImageRemoved--?
Based on your username and photo paratactical, I would suggest your ass-less camo pants. :D

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 pm

kendraston wrote:
paratactical wrote:Given your username, may I suggest --ImageRemoved--?
Based on your username and photo paratactical, I would suggest your ass-less camo pants. :D
But do I wear them with the fuscia or turquoise top? Decisions, decisions!

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am

QandAphorism wrote:How useful would you say attending one of these forums is?

not useful unless you've got pressing questions that you cant answer yourself online. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I think in the past some schools would give out fee waivers in person to qualifying applicants.

They aren't going to jot down notes and won't remember you. It will have no effect on your application.

Regarding dress, the only consideration is how you want other students to think of you. If you don't mind people staring at you, you could probably go in covered in paint. You're not going to impress anyone with a suit. jeans and a polo would probably even be fine

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Although your forum has probably passed by now, if it hasn't, I would take it seriously and dress business-y, though no tie. I dressed business casual and spoke to several adcomms that would be the looking at my application if I were to apply. There I received many fee waivers, and representatives sent me (personalized) emails after attending the forum to encourage me to use the fee waiver given. Overall, it was a good experience, and if you want to meet the people who might be letting you in, you should put your best face forward and dress well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 am

Dress how you feel you should dress. I wore nice jeans, button down shirt, and a banana republic jacket thing (not a sportscoat) + nikes. I don't see the point of dressing up super nice like this is some formal event. I guess if you are trying to go to win over some person who may or may not have any say in the admissions process - cool.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 am

Cute tops only!

thsmthcrmnl

Bronze

Post by thsmthcrmnl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:50 pm

I went. I found it a huge waste of time. I was overoptimistic in expecting TLSian levels of straight-talk. The folks from UT were the only ones who answered my questions forthrightly. Then they answered my questions about other schools. Made me like UT a lot. ("UCLA wouldn't admit that they'd give you a scholarship? Of course they would. We would, and they're a peer school. Hey, let's talk about Friday Night Lights.")

I would say the dress was mostly business casual, but with maybe a quarter business proper. For what it's worth, I wore shorts without any admissions repercussions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”