Law School Fair Tips/Tactics

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
nillumin

Law School Fair Tips/Tactics

Postby nillumin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 am

A few of the law schools I really want to attend (2 of my top 3 choices), are coming to a law school fair being held at my school at the end of the month. I am going to applying this fall, and am wondering how I should approach these schools at the fair.

I already have interest in them, just would like to let them know I really want to attend and am looking to get the most aid/scholarship as possible, I just am not sure how to say this, and if it is even appropriate.

Any tips would be much appreciated...

traehekat

Re: Law School Fair Tips/Tactics

Postby traehekat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 am

There is almost no point in worrying about this. Half the time the representative has zero input on the admissions process. Not to mention the fact that personal statements, resumes, and letters already mean extremely little in the application process, it is unrealistic to think anything you do or say at a law school fair will give you any sort of advantage. I mean, do you think they remember the names of everyone they talk to? I know many times they will ask you put your name on a mailing list, but that is pretty much all the list is for - mailings.

Just go to the fair, get some information about the schools that you otherwise couldn't get off their website, and enjoy yourself.

nillumin

Re: Law School Fair Tips/Tactics

Postby nillumin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 am

Alright....seems about right to me now that I think about it. thanks

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”