Most beautiful law school? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Re: Most beautiful law school?

Post by Kurt Cobain » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Cupidity wrote:I'd rather be in an ugly building looking at something pretty, than in a pretty building looking at something ugly.

BU, America's tallest lawschool.
Represent da B of U dude, that stat is mentioned in every single BU campus tour given :)

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Cornell looks beautiful. Why do people hate on it (other than the snow)?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Hannibal wrote:Cornell looks beautiful. Why do people hate on it (other than the snow)?
Yeah the weather sucks, and apparently there is nothing at all to do there.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:03 pm

I've only made it through page 3, but all these beautiful schools make me want to move up north! We don't have anything nearly as beautiful down here in Florida :(.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Barbie wrote:I've only made it through page 3, but all these beautiful schools make me want to move up north! We don't have anything nearly as beautiful down here in Florida :(.
You should check out the west coast as well. I don't know about the law schools, but I'm pretty sure my UG beats everything here. --ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Hannibal where is that??

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Santa Cruz, CA. I don't know if any law schools are on campuses like it (beach views from the woods), but I hope not for the sake of all of the students' concentration.

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:54 pm

thecilent wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Cornell looks beautiful. Why do people hate on it (other than the snow)?
i went to cornell for undergrad and loved it. that being said, i didn't apply to the law school mostly because local internship opportunities are extremely limited. since i hate nyc and didn't have a car to drive to philly, it didn't make sense for me.

ithaca itself is small. there are plenty of bars and restaurants -- moosewood is probably the best known. shopping opportunities are limited. the music scene is decent, and when it's warm out the commons is full of hippies playing various instruments. cornell's clubs also put on a lot of worthwhile art/cultural/etc events, enough to keep anyone busy. and they bring in a fairly well-known band at least once a semester.

and the campus, especially the law school, is beautiful. there were more than a few days when just walking around made all the stress worthwhile.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

jayn3 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
i went to cornell for undergrad and loved it. that being said, i didn't apply to the law school mostly because local internship opportunities are extremely limited. since i hate nyc and didn't have a car to drive to philly, it didn't make sense for me.

ithaca itself is small. there are plenty of bars and restaurants -- moosewood is probably the best known. shopping opportunities are limited. the music scene is decent, and when it's warm out the commons is full of hippies playing various instruments. cornell's clubs also put on a lot of worthwhile art/cultural/etc events, enough to keep anyone busy. and they bring in a fairly well-known band at least once a semester.

and the campus, especially the law school, is beautiful. there were more than a few days when just walking around made all the stress worthwhile.
Thanks for this. I was just going from what I heard previously. From the pics I've seen, it does look absolutely beautiful; I definitely would not mind going there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

F458JE

New

Post by F458JE » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 am

How can you argue against Malibu, California?

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Rand M. wrote:
soaponarope wrote:Anyway, this thread= (insert law school you're attending) as "most" beautiful
I don't think this is true at all. I know I will be at Chicago in the fall, and I don't think U of C is the most beautiful by any stretch. I think it has a cool look, but Michigan, Yale, and Cornell are all more in line with my personal aesthetic.
+1. I wish our school was prettier. Why couldn't they make it more in line with the (incredibly beautiful) UG buildings?!

I'm hoping it makes up for its ugliness in functionality.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm

F458JE wrote:How can you argue against Malibu, California?

Yup, Pepperdine is absolutely gorgeous. That picture is amazing.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 am

F458JE wrote:How can you argue against Malibu, California?

Meh. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm more of a mountains-woods-snow type, myself.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Entchen wrote:
Meh. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm more of a mountains-woods-snow type, myself.
CU Boulder:
--ImageRemoved--

bankcruptcypenn

New

Post by bankcruptcypenn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm

University of Pennsylvania..It would be the best that I'd visit

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 pm

smartin wrote:I almost applied to Lewis & Clark based on the pictures of foliage around the law library.
I visited Lewis & Clark and I feel confident in saying that it is, in fact, the most beautiful law school campus anywhere.

It is far off from the regular L&C campus, on its own, practically in the woods, bordering right up against a 600 acre forest. The main office building of the law school is 2 stories tall and the entire back side is a massive 2-story window that looks right into this wall of thick green forest.

The classrooms that I saw have high vaulted wood ceilings and lots of windows. The one thing I noticed about the whole school was that wherever you are, there's almost always a window, and out of every window you see this beautiful forest.

Also, they have this really cool amphitheater right in the center that faces into the forest, as well.

Maybe L&C should publish their own rankings like Cooley does, and use "natural beauty" as one of the largest factors.

Also, I have to give a shout out to UW. Just because Seattle is the greatest city in the world, in the most beautiful state in the world.

After all, on a clear day you can see snowy Mt. Rainier from the fountain on UW's campus. Mt. freaking Rainier. Beat that.

University of Washington:
Last edited by Adjudicator on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Snow is pretty. It's a pain in the fucking ass, but it's pretty. Haters gonna hate.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 pm

soaponarope wrote: Anyway, this thread= (insert law school you're attending) as "most" beautiful
On the contrary. Fordham is definitely not the most beautiful. What was that about living in a concrete box?

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 pm

UW:

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Cupidity wrote:I'd rather be in an ugly building looking at something pretty, than in a pretty building looking at something ugly.
Exactly, you're overlooking the BU Beach, right at the end of bikini season.

lawschool2014

New

Post by lawschool2014 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Candy told me that Phoenix School of Law was ranked 8 in the country for most beautiful campus.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

2ofspades

Bronze

Post by 2ofspades » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 am

revolution724 wrote:
soaponarope wrote: Anyway, this thread= (insert law school you're attending) as "most" beautiful
On the contrary. Fordham is definitely not the most beautiful. What was that about living in a concrete box?
Not credited at all. No, Fordham's not pretty now - it looks like this:

DELETED BROKEN IMAGES

2ofspades

Bronze

Post by 2ofspades » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:37 am

lawschool2014 wrote:Candy told me that Phoenix School of Law was ranked 8 in the country for most beautiful campus.
If only I'd known.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 am

2ofspades wrote:
But have you seen the new building graphics? Stunning. I think it'll be done by the time this year's 0Ls graduate,
I'm a 2L. This doesn't help.

Edit: Also, seeing something that ridiculously expensive while I'm waiting on loan disbursements and the public interest center can't afford to buy cookies for a reception does not particularly enhance my perception of its aesthetics.

2ofspades

Bronze

Post by 2ofspades » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 am

revolution724 wrote:
2ofspades wrote:
But have you seen the new building graphics? Stunning. I think it'll be done by the time this year's 0Ls graduate,
I'm a 2L. This doesn't help.

Edit: Also, seeing something that ridiculously expensive while I'm waiting on loan disbursements and the public interest center can't afford to buy cookies for a reception does not particularly enhance my perception of its aesthetics.
Sorry then, carry on.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”