University of San Diego Law- who has visited?

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
pegleg

University of San Diego Law- who has visited?

Postby pegleg » Tue May 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Would anyone who visited (or attends) USD law mind sharing their experiences with me?

What do you think about:

1. the campus

2. the classrooms

3. law library

4. parking situation

5. general vibe you get from instructors and other students

6. public transportation/where most students live around campus

7. any other tidbits you think are worth sharing.

I got into USD with a decent scholarship and all signs are pointing to attending if I don't get into my other top choice. However I won't have an opportunity to visit until wayyy late in the summer. I've talked about this with USD Law staff but you know them: always trying to sell the school. Please let me know what YOU thought!

superflush

Re: University of San Diego Law- who has visited?

Postby superflush » Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 am

1. the campus - country club like, lots of rich undergrads

2. the classrooms - seem decent

3. law library - seems okay

4. parking situation - just fine

5. general vibe you get from instructors and other students

6. public transportation/where most students live around campus - Public transit isn't. Most people don't live right near the school as that neighborhood isn't the most vibrant. So people spread out a bit, and most drive.

choochoo

Re: University of San Diego Law- who has visited?

Postby choochoo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 am

I visited the campus back in April and loved it. The campus is on a hill, and you can see the ocean in the distance. The campus itself was pretty long and narrow. The buildings were really pretty, and I'm not from California, so I definitely like the palm trees everywhere. The law school has 3 different buildings. They aren't super impressive inside, but they seem good enough (much nicer than Pepperdine).

I went for ASD, and the law students I met were all very nice and seemed happy to be at USD. The staff/professors/alumni I talked to were also nice and helpful. They had a mock class for us, and I really liked the professor that led it.

I've heard that most students live off campus in different areas, usually a 5-15 minute drive from campus (although there are 2 graduate housing options on campus). There is a trolley system but I didn't use it/I think you'd have to take it then catch a bus to campus, not sure though. There is parking between one of the law buildings and the law library, and I've been told that if you are there before 8 it is easy to get a spot. There's also a garage about a 5 minute walk away.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”