Does missing ASW matter?

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Andrew the Wolverine

Does missing ASW matter?

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:12 pm

I haven't been to an admitted students day/weekend, and I won't be going to any. Does this make any significant difference in terms of the 1L experience? How well do students know each other during the ASD? I would imagine it's just small talk "where are you from?" "where else are you considering?" stuff, but I don't know if those who missed it feel behind at all when school starts up. Just wondering.

GeePee

Re: Does missing ASW matter?

Postby GeePee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:13 pm

It was awesome to meet a lot of my future classmates at ASW, but you still have orientation, a frontloading of activities in the semester, and a whole lot of other chances to meet people in the Fall. I woudn't worry about it.

irie

Postby irie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:15 pm

doesn't matter at all. half the people at ASWs wont even end up attending, the other half probably won't remember more than a few familiar faces.

you'll have orientation to make friends before classes kick into motion. If it helps I only attended one day of my law school's ASW. I had a great time, met some cool people, but have not felt slighted in the least that I missed the second day.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm

That's what I was hoping to hear. I was a little worried about feeling like everyone knew each other already, but I guess that's unfounded.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:That's what I was hoping to hear. I was a little worried about feeling like everyone knew each other already, but I guess that's unfounded.

Man up, you're a wolverine.

jetlagz28

Postby jetlagz28 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Doesn't matter. Once school starts you probably won't even see some of the people you met again if they are in different sections. Even orientation is a giant blur.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 pm

I went to one ASW. It was fun, but all of the people I hung out with won't be attending next year (myself included). But they did reimburse me for my trip, So I had a cheap trip to a fun place.

Mirrored

Postby Mirrored » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 pm

CG614 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:That's what I was hoping to hear. I was a little worried about feeling like everyone knew each other already, but I guess that's unfounded.

Man up, you're a wolverine.

+1

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”